You know those accidental bids?

JaredVR

• Members

Well I was on ebay, and saw a 1977 Fender Champ for under $200, so I went ahead and just bid on it thinking...hey, thats cheap, but I'm sure someone will outbid me. Well, today I checked my email, and I won it. :facepalm: But I'm actually totally excited, though wasn't expecting to win.

• Members

Just once though.

That was an awkward conversation w/ the wife.

"Honey.... you remember earlier today when you were taking a nap??

Well I uh, sorta... um, accidentally uh... bought a guitar."

hey funny you mention that story, her reaction was actually caught on tape that day. here it is.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Something similar happened to me like this about a year ago...except I got drunk and when I woke up I had an email telling me that i had been the highest bidder for a Traynor YCV40WR. It actually turned out to be one of the better ebay purchases I've made.

• Members

A month or so ago I bought a 1965 Silvertone 1454 this way. I just bid $400 like the first day of the auction thinking "Someone will outbid me. These things have been going for like $800." Then I checked back a week later and saw I was still in the lead, and ended up winning. Pretty sweet guitar. Very good accident.

And if we're including drunken purchases, two years ago I bought an RE-201 when I was drunk for like $350. It was busted, but I fixed it and sold it for $750 a month later. Maybe I should only buy things when I'm drunk? haha

Archived