Forbidden Topics

• Members

I hereby decree that the following topics will no longer be tolerated, under penalty of severe ridicule and derision:

VCO vs. DCO

Copyright and intellectual property

Presets vs. programming

The "true" cost of R&D and manufacturing

"Hi I'm a guitar player, what's the best synth for less than $500?"

Pighood's sweater

Would anyone care to add anything? :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hereby decree that the following topics will no longer be tolerated, under penalty of severe ridicule and derision:

VCO vs. DCO

Copyright and intellectual property

Presets vs. programming

The "true" cost of R&D and manufacturing

"Hi I'm a guitar player, what's the best synth for less than $500?"

Pighood's sweater

Would anyone care to add anything?
:D

'I'm a midi noob...'

' Korg pianos are {censored}e...'

" where are all the chicks "

" how come chick keyboard players don't post here '

" I went to GC and the salesman had BO and bad breath "

• Members

Add anything rompler related to that list as well, rompler sound modules being used for spot fill with mainly proper synths is ok though, and/or just appeared on the market. Kurzweil excepted. Oasys - definate no no.

n00bs/gits (I mean guitarsists) after juno G/micron/ion or anything that I decree as boring junk should be banned too - use search instead.

All soft synths, exception are wielrd stuff that doesnt exist in hardware at all.

Stage pianos - use search. Need paino + string - FFS - use search - exception for something cool and new on the market for the month after launch after that - no go area.

Basically anything that isnt interesting synths, interesting fx units, interesting drum machines etc use/abuse of them. Music theory/production related stuff is good too :)

If you scraping the barrel an want cheap+common - use search, or better, search fleabay - either way dont bother us lot - we dont care!

• Members

Add anything rompler related to that list as well, rompler sound modules being used for spot fill with mainly proper synths is ok though
:)

n00bs/gits (I mean guitarsists) after juno G/micron/ion or anything that I decree as boring junk should be banned too - use search instead.

All soft synths, exception are wielrd stuff that doesnt exist in hardware at all.

Stage pianos - use search. Need paino + string - FFS - use search.

Basically anything that isnt interesting synths, interesting fx units, interesting drum machines etc use/abuse of them. Music theory/production related stuff is good too

If you scraping the barrel an want cheap+common - use serach, or better, search fleabay - either way dont bother us lot - we dont care!

Completely agree

Too many noobs and boneheads are too lazy to do a search

• Members

Wow, the synth pharisees have stepped up.

Last I checked, this forum was called "keys, synths and samplers". So you guys could always find yourselves an "analog synth-only" forum and just hang out there, how about that?

At this rate, the only thing allowed in here will be the kittycat pics!!!

Oh yeah I'm doing it on purpose now

fatcat.jpg

• Members

Last I checked, this forum was called "keys, synths and samplers". So you guys could always find yourselves an "analog synth-only" forum and just hang out there, how about that?

You can't talk about synths vs the other crap either.

Synths only.

Oh, and cats.

Archived