Forbidden Topics

• Members

On the subject of M1 pianos... it's actually one of my favourite ones. Coming from a certified Yamaha fanboy that might sound a bit strange, but I love it. Kinda like the girl next door who's a bit rough around the edges but you can't stop going back for more ;) Drench it in reverb and layer it with a DX7-IID dual EP patch with a touch of chorus, and it makes me warm and damp in my special places... I like some wierd things :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Are you trying to be funny, a**hat?

M1s are still too new and expensive for mexicans, you should know that.

... but indeed, they are still quite popular in folk and "grupero" groups in many countries down south... nasty. I met a guy once in Bolivia willing to pay over a thousand bucks for a M1 he was importing from Mexico. Scary.

I speak the truth and you call me an asshat ?

What a classy mod you are
:D

• Members

here's a good one, the annual hello how do you get the effect from cher's voice in her song, etc. blah blah blah is it vocoder, autotune, talkbox, whateva. it's 2008 and i still see that {censored} from time to time

• Members

here's a good one, the annual hello how do you get the effect from cher's voice in her song, etc. blah blah blah is it vocoder, autotune, talkbox, whateva. it's 2008 and i still see that {censored} from time to time

It used to be worse before the SoS article was corrected. Took 'm way too long, too.

In the meantime several people used that as a reference instead of their ears and their brains, and insisted that it was a combination of a vocoder and all kinds of other magic and lots of work.

Suuuure, that explained all the copycats that did the same after 3 months.

• Members

anything that droolermaster disagrees with, because if you dont agree he will kick your ass internet style and not let it go until you apologize.

internet! where the business is serious!!!!

I will suck out your spleen with a straw, oh ye of liquid brain.

• Members
I'd go one step further and just put a sticky thread up saying the MicroKorg is for newbs and pussywhipped indie bands without a "real" keyboard player, and nobody with any self re-{censored}ing-spect should buy one... but that's just me.
:cop:

yeah that'd be a great thing cept nick rhodes has one and uses it live.
well it only works if you actually believe nick rhodes knows nothing about playing keyboards that is.

• Members
That's not the first JP-8000 vs SH-201 topic, that's for sure...

Search command is your friend:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21280667

:wave:

Don, I did read that topic, thank you very much, and all other topics I could find with the search option.
I found a lot of stuff regarding features (and you reposted your original post in my thread as well, thank you very much) but my question was specifically about differences in SOUND. And I DID say that I had done a search and read the previous threads, and could not get much out of them about the actual sounds. It might be a novel idea to think of sound as more important than features, but give me a synth that has two controls and sounds absolutely freakin' awesome, and I'll take it over another one with 2,000 buttons that sounds just good.

I guess I must not have communicated very well that the one thing I was after is what everyone's perception of the differences in sound quality was (other than just saying, "oh this one sounds brighter" - which was all I got from the previous threads).

• Members
That's because you know PC's are just plain better...

httg

...look into my gleaming mechanical eye - you know this to be true!
:D

yess.... I dream of writing Excel macros,,,, and converting the data into PowerPoint and fantazing over bus speed and chip comparisons with Internet Warriors like you...

EEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DAMN VISTA~!!##@

Archived