Ever wake up with a song running through your head and you can't get it out...

Secret Seasons

• Members

and you can't figure out who its by, but it just won't leave you alone...

and then you realize...

its nobody's song! its a melody that magically appeared in your head like a gift from above!

I just wrote a song in like 5 minutes 'cause it was just there and wouldn't leave me alone.

THANK YOU, SONG!

inb4csb

• Members

clips?

come on.

i just wrote it, i didn't say i recorded it yet :p

it was really just this melody that kept repeating over and over... so i put words to it, worked out a couple guitar parts... it'll need some polishing and of course i'll have to add some weirdness to it but it'll probably go up on my myspace with a big batch of new songs i'm working on right now. dunno when though, i'm trying to get serious about making them genuinely polished and complete.

i guess i'm just psyched 'cause i lose so many good melodies before I can capture them, but this one just wouldn't let me go. wee!

• Members

Very cool.

I once had a melody come into my head literally as I was drifting into sleep - I had to concentrate like mad to pull myself out of falling asleep so that I didn't forget it completely.

It was on violins. I still haven't found a place for it in a track. A whole song's fantastic, can't wait til you POST IT HERE ;)

• Members
usually that just means you haven't placed it yet, after working on it for a few months you'll realize it's a complete rip off of something.

This.

Perhaps not even months, but years. You might record it with your band, release an album, play the song for years in all your concerts, and one day have a fan come to you and say something like=
"Dude, play that song that's exactly like [insert some song you unknowingly ripped]"

Then you'll get home and download that song, and go :facepalm: because one of your band's best song's is just a ripoff of a fairly popular song, just with a whole lot more distortion, faster and a horrible singer...

Archived