cheesewut?

RoboPimp

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
no i mean with the box, and what's under the wheel

right now it's just sitting on the box I got it in with a hole cut in it so the speaker that sits underneath that black piece of plywood can fire up into the cheesewheel and the sound gets thrown around. The box actually does work to add some low end to it but with the 8" speaker I'm limited.

version_1.jpg

like the bottom half of this but flipped over and made of styrofoam

• Members
right now it's just sitting on the box I got it in with a hole cut in it so the speaker that sits underneath that black piece of plywood can fire up into the cheesewheel and the sound gets thrown around. The box actually does work to add some low end to it but with the 8" speaker I'm limited.

version_1.jpg

like the bottom half of this but flipped over and made of styrofoam

That doesn't look like it'd be that hard to make, just need the horns. Everything else is pretty generic right?

• Members
That doesn't look like it'd be that hard to make, just need the horns. Everything else is pretty generic right?

that actually is a 100% DIY build there, and they spend some serious time and $$$ on that.

The upper rotor would be nice to have but every piece adds weight and size, and I'm trying to go for a pretty compact cab...

here's one sketch I made...

leslie2.jpg

I've read that the rotor likes to work vertically tho so I might experiment with that as well...

• Members

OK DIYers, can I use a typical DPDT w/120V?

Check the stamp on the side of the switch, if it says 120 I think you might be fine. I would use something heavy duty like an amp switch though.

Sounds fantastic BTW!!!!!! :thu: :thu:

I love your body pbone!!! :love:

• Members

Looks like a fun project... where did you stash the motor?

if you check the vid, it's sitting to the right of the rotor, it's really small as the rotor is light. I left it run for a few hours tonight and it barely got warm so I think it will be fine. The one thing I am still trying to figure out is if I can make a speed control.

Archived