The 616 Has Landed!

Mike McLenison

• Members

Come on guys, if this was Crxsh you would all be, "dude how's teh tonez man" and giving him virtual high fives.

And of course giving him lots of {censored} too, which Mike deserves in this case. But first 616 sighting so I can understand his enthusiasm :)

• Members

I would be excited if I thought the hype were worth it. It's a really good sounding analog delay for a really good price, but I think the modulation is over the top and barely useful (at least from the demos I've heard.) I'd much rather keep the delays I have and let other people be the guinea pigs here.

• Members

turn the time all the way down mix all the way up, regen around 10:00 engage modulation turn speed to zero and depth all the way up...engage buffer and hit some chords...i get sucked into hours of playing at this setting!

I hope you're liking it!

• Members

you know it's a pot that you can turn up or down right?

I think he's confused with the Memory Boy:confused::poke:

Congrats on the new pedal. I should have mine on Monday, can't wait. The masses here are withering away because the 919 isn't done yet. Got any updates?

• Members

I don't know if everybody really understands modulated delay.

Each delay time setting will have its own sweet spot for modulation.

Multiple variables yield lots of possibilities. Many of the speed/depth settings will give you weird and wacky stuff.

But you need a wide range on depth and speed to be sure you have all those possibilities to cover the whole range of delay time. It's the nature of the beast.

The longer the delay time (in this case 650 ms) the more chances that the combined speed/depth modulation setting will be in the howling banshee woop-de-woop seasick pitch shifting style. Not like that's necessarily a bad thing.

Keep fiddling til you find the sweetness.

• Members

Come on guys, if this was Crxsh you would all be, "dude how's teh tonez man" and giving him virtual high fives.

And of course giving him lots of {censored} too, which Mike deserves in this case. But first 616 sighting so I can understand his enthusiasm
:)

I wouldn't. Crxsh isn't special, if he posted the same thing, a thread about something without even trying it first I'd say the same thing.

But I'm not trying to hate on the OP, I'm just being a silly fool.

• Members

turn the time all the way down mix all the way up, regen around 10:00 engage modulation turn speed to zero and depth all the way up...engage buffer and hit some chords...i get sucked into hours of playing at this setting!

I hope you're liking it!

where are these manufactured?

Archived