Charity Raffle: Custom Blackout Effectors Twosome

vidnotlaw

• Members

I am raffling off a Custom Blackout Effectors Twosome pedal to help out a family that has lost their little boy and house (along with most of their belongings) due to a fire.

The Pedal is being made by Kyle from Blackout Effectors. It is a custom version of their Twosome pedal, which consists of two different fuzz pedals (big muff style fuzz and a custom very tweakable style fuzz) in one enclosure... a truly awesome pedal! :thu: It will be White Powder colored with Black writing and wired a little different from their standard Twosome pedal. It will be wired like their now discontinued custom Dual Fuzz. A toggle switch for selecting the order of the two fuzzes and on/off switches for each individual fuzz.

Here is how the raffle will work:

1) Go to the following website: Schmakel Family Donation and donate (using Paypal, there is a donate button/link) AT LEAST $5 us dollars. PLEASE WRITE YOUR HARMONY CENTRAL USER NAME IN THE COMMENTS/SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FIELD WHEN DONATING (example HCUID: vidnotlaw).

2) For every $5 us dollars donated you will get an entry into the raffle with a maximum of twenty entries. Anything equal to or greater than $100 us dollars is twenty entries.

3) Come back to this thread and post just your username for safe measures (in case I don't see it on the payment).

4) Once I get word from Kyle that the pedal is ready, I will post in this thread stating that the raffle is over... probably around two weeks.

5) I will gather all the usernames and create the proper amount of entries for the users and then video tape the drawing, post it on Youtube, post the link in this thread and PM the winner.

6) When the winner replies with the email address they used for the Paypal payment, I will verify that the payment was made PRIOR to the drawing and post the winner in this thread.

7) The pedal will be sent to user.

I posted a thread about what happend to my friends family about a two weeks ago. Some of you have already dontated from that thread. If you have, please PM me your email address that you used to donate with and I will enter you into the raffle with the proper amount of entries based on how much you donated.

Thank you all for your time. This is a great chance to win a killer pedal and also help out a family in need at the same time.

JUST FOR REFERENCE, here is a picture of the current standard Twosome pedal:

twosomeresize.jpg

UPDATE... here is a picture of the actual pedal in the process of being built:

whitetwo.jpg

UPDATE (03/19/2010): Pedal has arrived to me safe and sound. I will allow one more week for raffle entries! Raffle drawing with take place on Friday 03/26/2010. Good luck everyone!

UPDATE (03/28/2010): Raffle is closed and winner will be announced soon! Good luck and thank you.

UPDATE (03/29/2010): Go to the last page of this thread and see who won!!!!!

Good luck and take care,

Vid

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh33 enter'd...

i think what you guys are doing is great. Major prayers and mojo go out to the family. hopefully the stress of money won't matter as much and they can get back on there feet and have a little easier time dealing and grieving with everything.

hopefully this will get stickied. harmony central always seems to come together for a good cause.

• Members

Thanks for the kind words, I'll pass them on to the family! I have added your name into the raffle list!

Take care,

Vid

Josh33 enter'd...

i think what you guys are doing is great. Major prayers and mojo go out to the family. hopefully the stress of money won't matter as much and they can get back on there feet and have a little easier time dealing and grieving with everything.

hopefully this will get stickied. harmony central always seems to come together for a good cause.

• Members

Just got back from the funeral for Jayden and the gathering afterwords. Was a very sad and long day!

I want to thank everybody who has donated and/or posted kinds words/prayers/thoughts. I'm not too good at writing my expressing or thoughts down, but I shed some serious tears today. I can't even begin to image what they are going through!

Over all it was a good funeral and the attendance was great... a lot of tears and kind words of encouragement for the family. There is another benefit/raffle/get together this coming weekend that I look forward to attending. I will pass on any kinds words posted here (and in the donation comments) to the family at that time.

Once again... thank you,

Vid

• Members

Donated'd. Glad I could help out - even if it's just a little.

Things like this renew my faith in humanity. You're a good person for doing this :thu:. My thoughts are with the family, I couldn't imagine how hard this must be.

Archived