The Offical Fantasty World Cup Thread.

melx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This is the reason I did not over-commit on any one country. Lost two Brazilians but still have one Dutch defender. Some have three Brazilians, who cannot be happy with them going out

yeah, I've lost 2 (defender and midfield) ... it's not so bad and outside of the game I'm happy that they beat brazil. :)

• Members

oh this just in too (from the fantasy news page)

Premier League Competition? Posted : 2010-06-30 16:37:22 (UK Local)

I have been asked quite a few times over the last few days if I'll be running a Premier League competition for the forthcoming season. The answer thus far has been a resounding no. However on reflection (and after gentle persuasion from those around me) I have been encouraged to reconsider. Which I may well do if there is sufficient interest.

If I were to run a competition the format would be very similar to that used for the World Cup, with a few minor tweaks. I'm not interested in making wholesale changes, but I am willing to listen to your suggestions.

So if you would like to see a Premier League competition here in a couple of weeks time, go to the contact page, select 'Premier League' as the Nature of Enquiry and let me know your thoughts. You don't need to leave a message if you're just registering an interest.

woop, if it happens I'll set one up yeah? :thu:

• Members

That's not a bad result...

it looks like most of us have lost a couple of players; some have lost three.

I'm happy as Sneijder scored the winner, but am a bit annoyed that he didn't get any points for the assist on the first goal. :mad:

• Members
That's not a bad result...

it looks like most of us have lost a couple of players; some have lost three.

I'm happy as Sneijder scored the winner, but am a bit annoyed that he didn't get any points for the assist on the first goal.
:mad:

kinda {censored}ty result from the game for me, my brazilians got 1 point each and so did Van Persie ...3 points total :(

• Members
kinda {censored}ty result from the game for me, my brazilians got 1 point each and so did Van Persie ...3 points total
:(

I'm not too unhappy, I had Maicon and Kaka, who have scored 18 points for me between them; Sneijder has scored 27 and has consistently been picking up points - so it's probably worked out best for me this way...
but I still think he should have had points for an assist today as well! :lol:

• Members

Well, I'm done for, since my end strategy was based entrely on Germany and Brazil making the next round.

This World Cup has been very enlightening however. Before it started, I was under the impression that Kaka was actually a good player. Now I know he's utter {censored}.

• Members
Well, I'm done for, since my end strategy was based entrely on Germany and Brazil making the next round.

I wouldn't bet against Germany beating Argentina, so you may still be OK...

This World Cup has been very enlightening however. Before it started, I was under the impression that Kaka was actually a good player. Now I know he's utter {censored}.

:lol:

To be fair, most of the big name players have under-performed at this World Cup; I don't think Messi has been that good either.

• Members

To be fair, most of the big name players have under-performed at this World Cup; I don't think Messi has been that good either.

Messi's been a little disappointing, but he's played very well overall. He's got the most shots on goal of anyone in the tournament, and plenty of his deflections have set up other players. Kaka, on the other hand, did nothing whatsoever. He was probably even a liability, since I'm sure someone on Brazil's bench could have stepped in, instead, and done at least something useful.

• Members
ah man... I feel so gutted for Ghana.
:(

I was screaming at the TV!
:lol:

Yeah, what a heart-wrenching way to lose. England may feel like they're always on the end of a bad shootout loss, but I think this single one Ghana had to endure trumps all of England's PK woes put together.

• Members

Can't feel happy for Uruguay at all after that Suarez handball. Ghana should have been awarded that goal.

Eh, the guy did what he had to do to keep his team in it. The ball was going in otherwise. The ref saw it and the right call was made. No problems there. I have more respect for Suarez doing something like that than for all the players rolling around on the field, acting like they've been mortally wounded, everytime someone brushes past them (and Ghana was plenty of guilty of those kind of theatrics in their last game v. USA).

• Members
Can't feel happy for Uruguay at all after that Suarez handball. Ghana should have been awarded that goal.

that's the thing isn't it? if he hadn't punched it off the line it would have been in and Uraguay would have lost, it was so cruel. :cry:

• Members
Eh, the guy did what he had to do to keep his team in it. The ball was going in otherwise. The ref saw it and the right call was made. No problems there. I have more respect for Suarez doing something like that than for all the players rolling around on the field, acting like they've been mortally wounded, everytime someone brushes past them (and Ghana was plenty of guilty of those kind of theatrics in their last game v. USA).

yeah, there was some shameful diving and holding of heads and faces going on again... :evil:

Archived