The Offical Fantasty World Cup Thread.

melx

• Members
very true,and in fairness in one match he's gotten the same points for me as Rooney and Torres combined through the whole damn tournament!
:facepalm:

I'm looking at it like this... if USA had won, you wouldn't get anymore points off him until the next round, so you won't really lose anything by waiting for the outcomes of the next couple of games before deciding where to use your last transfer. I can see the gamble of changing him for a player that has yet to play this round (effectively getting 2 scores from the one position in your team) .. but it's gonna be a risk.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm waiting too but mr benn's strategy has merit, if the gamble comes off. I'm hedging my bets and waiting until games like England vs Germany and Spain vs Portugal are played. All four teams can win the WC and it's too close to call.

Spain are my biggest worry I have 2 Spanish players and if Portugal beat them I'm gonna need my 2 transfers then big time. I'm doing nothing else until then.

• Members
back up to 12th :phil: result!

EDIT: make that 8th! Tevez you beauty!
:cool:

woo, check you out!!

I'm up to 18th... which considering I spend time on page two I'm quite happy with.

I'm glad Argentina got through (because I have 3 in my team) but disappointed to only get 5 points from the game...

• Members
Yep, should have had 5 points for Lampard's goal
:mad:

We deserved to go out but ref and linesman are still twats for not seeing something so obvious
:rolleyes:

yeah, I don't even care about England going out now, but I do care about those 5 points... especially as Tevez got 5 for his goal even though it wasn't one.... I feel right stitched up!

• Members
Hello 1st page
:wave:

And who's this I'm coming up the rear of... :poke:

A certain Melx, surely not...
:snax:

lol, I'm going backwards again... I really messed up not having any Uraguay players....

• Members
So I presume tonight's game is gonna be a big one for a few people (including myself) what result are we all wanting??

Yea, whoever wins tonight will have a great chance to get to the semis, at least. Having one from each team (Ronaldo and Villa), I don't mind who gets through. I'm hoping Ronaldo and Villa bang in a hat-trick each tonight :lol:...not that it changes the scores much, as nearly everyone has those two players.

I've joined the "44 Years and still trying" league, in the Join Prizes League section, to compete for the top UK team trophy :lol: I'm curently 48th :eek::cry:

• Members
That gamble on Paulo da Silva payed off pretty well... just wondering how I'm gonna catch Earl Grey after slipping this round... definitely some good transfer choices on your part!

Yeah, having a Paraguay defender was smart today. They might have played for a week and not scored, in that game :lol:

Yeah, have been really impressed with Suarez and Maicon and just wished I had them earlier.

In the next round of games, people are gonna have some or a lot of their players eliminated. Like I said before, it's a game of attrition and whoever has the most players remaining will have a great chance, even if they are some way behind right now.

• Members

So I presume tonight's game is gonna be a big one for a few people (including myself) what result are we all wanting??

I'd prefer Portugal to win, but for the sake of this, I hope Spain win, keep a clean sheet and Pique scores.

• Members

have you seen the guy in first place overall? (league tables.. top of league)

He's got 204 points and he's only made 3 transfers.... haha, wtf?

I'm in 30965th .. rofl.

I'd like a 1-0 victory for Spain victory tonight, with Villa scoring.

• Members
In the next round of games, people are gonna have some or a lot of their players eliminated. Like I said before, it's a game of attrition and whoever has the most players remaining will have a great chance, even if they are some way behind right now.

If Spain lose tonight, I'm gonna lose 2 players... :(

• Members

me too...

if Spain win, I lose one.

exactly.. that's how it is for me. I know where this has gone wrong for me.. I still have all the Strikers I started with and Klose and Van Persie have both been pretty poor but with only 5 transfers I couldn't really afford to change them before they go out... if my strikers had gone out after the groups I think I'd be doing better.

Archived