iPhone, iPod Touch people.... I need some decent earphones...

Kid_A

• Members

I like in ear style phones, dont wanna spend too much, but i hate the apple ones, hate the ones i bought recently (on a whim) and think the large headphones look too knobish for me to wear..

Go!

• Members

I dont really care about remotes or mics, just want something decent sounding and comfortable.

Bee's in a tic tac box comes to mind with my current {censored}e ones... the white apple phones always fall out of my ears too... :( wtf

• Members

I have a pair of AKG in ear headphones and a pair of Grado headphones. The Grados are great but have too much leakage to use outdoors. I use the AKG in ear headphones every day. They are great. Try to find a headphone shop and test as many as possible. :)

• Members

I tried some of the top end Shure ones once. Good God they were amazing. Like an orgasm in your ears! Call it an eargasm if you will.

See, when they're not your earphones, you don't have the worry of snagging a cable on something or sitting on an earbud and breaking them :D

I don't doubt they sound much better than the kind of earphones I am prepared to pay for, but although I look after my stuff, I like to know that if {censored} happens, I haven't wrecked something I can't really afford to replace. That's what's so good about the 'phones I have at the moment- they sound great for the money, Koss will fix them for the price of postage, and if they get so battered I need a new pair, they're

• Members

Hehe, I dont mean everyone looks knobish, just me!

No offence taken. As headphones go, mine are pretty knobbish looking, but my hair's usually long enough to hide them pretty well, and I couldn't really care less if they sound good :idk:

• Members

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX51LP-Fontopia-Headphones-White/dp/B000779RZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274890217&sr=1-2

Those are the ones I have. I bought them when they were significantly cheaper though. They are nice.

These ones are significantly cheaper and may be just as nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX56LP-BLK-Style-Headphones/dp/B001RB24NM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1274890038&sr=1-2

• Members

I got a set of denon's. They're very nice, I forget the model, but they were $50. Instruments in the midrange are VERY clear to my ears. I also replace any rubber/silicon headphone tips with foam ones. Foam ones fit your ears much better, are more comfortable, and make it sound much better.

Archived