I have an M13/M9 and I...

scolfax

• Members
The dirt is like most Boss pedals... decent, but you could do better

You can, and I do have pedals but really, when I was gigging and plugging into various amps, taking other pedals just wasn't worth the time or effort.
I gigged with just the M13 and got by very well.

Of course, there is no telling how an unknown amp will take to my M13, just as there is no telling how it may take my pedals; I just thought it would be easier to simply go with my saved settings.

Live, it just wasn't worth the hassle to take/do anything else.

:wave:

• Members

Tube Drive and Classic Distortion. Both sound {censored}ing EXCELLENT into my Twin. Better than any other OD or Distortion I've put into it. I don't really care for any of the other ones (though to be honest I was so stoked on the Tube Drive that I haven't tried too many of the other models).

• Members

I use them at practices where I just want to take a simple rig along (M13 by itself), but if I'm taking the whole rig down I prefer external pedals. Not because the dirts in the M13 sound bad, because some of them sound GREAT! Just because I don't like using up a whole effects block on dirt when it could be filled with something more fun.

• Members

Tube Drive and Classic Distortion. Both sound {censored}ing EXCELLENT into my Twin. Better than any other OD or Distortion I've put into it. I don't really care for any of the other ones (though to be honest I was so stoked on the Tube Drive that I haven't tried
too
many of the other models).

This, exactly.

I haven't really strayed far from those two.

• Members

M9 and M13 and yes I use dirt from both. Just a little tweaking goes a long way. I still have my analog pedals and will never sell them because I like them too. Usually for gigs I use one of the M units because it's simple and space saving compared to my other boards.

Archived