SOT... Which new guitar?

• Members

So, I've been thinking of getting a new guitar, the thing is I don't know which one...

I want something that fits right between my Gibson Explorer and Standard Tele, so I though "Something with P90's!" :idea:

The two main contenders would be the SG Classic and the Fender Classic Jazzmaster...so, what say you?

Would this be a good complement for both of my guitars or should I look for something else?

I'm not a fan of strats at all, btw...other than that...bring it!

• Members

I was mostly leaning towards the SG Classic to tell you the truth...it seems like a trip to the guitar store is in order!

Anything else I should consider? Is the SG Classic really the best (in terms of variety) I could get for something in between the tele and explorer?

I've also thought about a Les Paul (studio) but I think that would be too close to the Explorer...

• Members

That G&L looks damn hot, actually I've been considering getting one of those as well hehe

I just mentioned both the sg classic and jazzmaster because I thought those would be a good addition to my little collection (sonically), but I'm open to suggestions, anything uner 1k usd is fair game!

Same thing for the pickups, I thought of the P90's because I already have one with humbuckers and the other with single coils, if you have any other recommendations bring 'em!

thanks for the recommendations so far!

• Members

I would guess yes too. I saw from another thread of mine, some new Gibson LP Studios with P-90s in them, for really good prices too, like $799 - $999. Not sure where they're available, one was a gold top, and looked killer, almost like a standard. I think there were some on Amazon, check there and see.

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute/dp/B003KVKQZK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1B48YCHW2QXC1&colid=1J20QPJ1U6LRH

Not in stock though :(

• Members

I would guess yes too. I saw from another thread of mine, some new Gibson LP Studios with P-90s in them, for really good prices too, like $799 - $999. Not sure where they're available, one was a gold top, and looked killer, almost like a standard. I think there were some on Amazon, check there and see.

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute/dp/B003KVKQZK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1B48YCHW2QXC1&colid=1J20QPJ1U6LRH

Not in stock though
:(

I don't think those are out yet. Some of the sites like american musican and zzounds are saying they're coming in on Aug 7.

• Members

Cool, thanks a lot for your info, I'm in no hurry, so I can wait a lil' and check out those Les Pauls later as well, I'll have to go to the store and check them out, (the "feel" of the guitar is damn important, that's the main reason I don't like strats...).

thanks again!

Archived