My demo of the new Catalinbread Harmonic Mesmerizer

nico/atd

• Members
Does it sound like {censored} with the depth dialed out more, or what?

The Depth makes the bass whomp more prominent - if you're playing on your own like he is in the demo, you'd likely want the Depth up high to give the impression of two instruments playing.

Really great demo, IMO. :thu:

• Members

I like the "Bass Whomp" very much!

It's hard to perceive in a demo vid because of the compression happening, but in the room with it, there are times when it feels like the high and low freqs are modulating at different speeds giving a sort of 'Doppler Effect' that is really trippy.

• Members
It's hard to perceive in a demo vid because of the compression happening, but in the room with it, there are times when it feels like the high and low freqs are modulating at different speeds giving a sort of 'Doppler Effect' that is really trippy.

Sounds like it's a nice toy for us guitarists :thu:

• Members

I see what you mean, it happens between 1'45 and 2'00 but the youtube compression kinda kills it...

• Members
hey nico/atd, when you strum, that ticking sound, was it from amp or the mic picking up you hitting the strings?

Hey
It's the vintage pickups in my jag that picks up a lot of unwanted things...but it's part of their charm :)

• Members

I see what you mean, it happens between 1'45 and 2'00 but the youtube compression kinda kills it...

It can really screw with your mind in a great way if you let it - you just have to kind of zone out and let go for it to be noticeable. If you try to make it happen or force it, it won't happen.

• Members
It can really screw with your mind in a great way if you let it - you just have to kind of zone out and let go for it to be noticeable. If you try to make it happen or force it, it won't happen.

Faster settings with a lot of reverb is a TON of fun.

And cool demo! :thu:

Guest Guest

ST-TNG_The_Game.jpg

• Members

Not to steal the OP's limelight (great clip, sir), or Bobby D (always first with the scoop!) but I had a crack at a demo yesterday as well.

No vintage Jag though. Damn, I'd love one of those..

Oh, Suds Alert for those who don't go for the family thing. :)

[YOUTUBE]HlApioGlkeU[/YOUTUBE]

Archived