NOD - NEW ORGAN DAY - Whoa dude.

shipatsea

• Members

This was given to me by a friend who is moving to New York. It is a transistor hammond with an ace tone FR-1 drum machine bult into it. He modded a line out for the drum machine. This thing has one note chord mode and a built in leslie (like a real spinning speaker dude). It sounds fantastic. I am loving this thing. It has seen better days but it sound awesome and looks great in my living room with my antique radio on it.

ORGAN.jpg

• Members

vintage organs are such a lost art/machine. people ditch them for any reason now and they become craigslist fodder.

i myself have bought one at a church rummage sale, salvation army, my friend's family and on the side of the road. you can never have too many vintage organs! especially when they have drum machines built in...

• Members

sweet, I can't wait until I have the space to get a free/cheap organ.

I see you are in Baltimore. Do you happen to know a guy named Brad Hoss? He runs Hoss records. He moved up there a few years ago from Atlanta. We miss him and want him back.

• Members

These transistor organs do not sound cheesy at all. They have a very rich sound and have spring reverb, vibrato etc... You can find them free all day long on CL. If you find a Hammond with the drum machine - DO IT!

For those ATLANTA folks - I will be playing Eyedrum this Sunday as Sandcastles. Come check it out. This organ will be heavily sampled for the show.

Archived