Would it be stupid to tattoo text so you can read it?

p00n

• Members

So I'll be entering college in about 2 months, and it's about as good a time as any to mark this occasion.

One thing, I've never gotten inked yet, and am considering getting my first tattoo. Something simple. I've always believed that simple text based tattoos should be reminders to yourself rather than just ornamental pieces for others to admire. But of course there are aesthetic factors to consider.

So I'm thinking of getting two lines of text tattooed on my left forearm, just below my elbow joint. Like this but about half an inch lower.

tumblr_l5tvhgFwxD1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

And I won't let her down

My soul is celestial bound

The only thing would be that it'll be facing me. Hell it's for me after all.

Fail? Win? Do whatever the {censored} you want?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't get it upside down. Seriously. The meaning to you is the same regardless of which way round you get it, but if you get it upside down the artist will think you're a dick (trust me), and you'll get smart asses asking you why it's upside down every single day.

You can't pretend you're not getting it partly for aesthetic reasons - otherwise you wouldn't care how well it's done or what font is used - and aesthetically, upside down looks {censored}.

• Members

I think if you're gonna get a tattoo, just get one: the words, 'I'm dumb.' That's it. That way in 10 years, when you go, 'Why did I get this?,' you can be like, 'Oh, I'm dumb!'

- d. tosh

that's the best thing about tatto I've ever heard!

• Members

if something means a lot to you, should you really need to tattoo it on yourself to remember it?

Neither of my tattoos, and probably none of my future tattoos, will be because of sentimental reasons.

• Members

Don't do it, young man.

Don't think so? I'm pretty set on getting it, I just don't know when. Its really the only tattoo I want, probably small and on my forearm. I've thought about the Radiohead bear too, but, I sometimes second guess that one, and if its permanent I imagine you don't want to be second guessing yourself..

• Members

Don't get it upside down. Seriously. The meaning to you is the same regardless of which way round you get it, but if you get it upside down the artist will think you're a dick (trust me), and you'll get smart asses asking you why it's upside down every single day.

You can't pretend you're not getting it partly for aesthetic reasons - otherwise you wouldn't care how well it's done or what font is used - and aesthetically, upside down looks {censored}.

And cased closed, let's hit the showers.

• Members

Don't think so? I'm pretty set on getting it, I just don't know when. Its really the only tattoo I want, probably small and on my forearm. I've thought about the Radiohead bear too, but, I sometimes second guess that one, and if its permanent I imagine you don't want to be second guessing yourself..

Do something unique, homie. There are just probably hundreds of people out there that have the Radiohead bear or the John Lennon thing.

Archived