Would it be stupid to tattoo text so you can read it?

p00n

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grime

Scott Sylvia

George Campise

Jason McAffee

Theo Mindell

Stuart Cripwell

Nick Rodin

Freddy Corbin

Mike Davies

Greg Rojas

Matt Shamah

Adrian Lee

Marcus Pacheco

Jef Whitehead

Eddie Deutsche

A lot of those guys have moved around shops over the years, but they're predominently at Black Heart, Temple, Spider Murphy's, Analog, Everlasting and 7th Son.

• Members

how old are you, outta curiosity?

Anyway, yeah, what they said. If you have to ask, you're not ready for one. Much better ways to celebrate an occasion, anyway. I picked up my Gibby as a graduation present for myself after uni.

• Members

My view on tattoos has changed/is changing. I think it's probably because of the overwhelming number of bad ones that I see anymore. It's become a fashion fad as much as anything. In 10 years, no one will think tattoos are cool, because everyone's parents will have them. Plus I'd look ridiculous at 40-50 vacationing in St. Barts with a giant chest piece. My .02, do what makes you happy. Just keep reminding yourself that it's forever, and it will inevitably become either a trophy or a scar of your misspent youth.

• Members
My view on tattoos has changed/is changing. I think it's probably because of the overwhelming number of bad ones that I see anymore. It's become a fashion fad as much as anything. In 10 years, no one will think tattoos are cool, because everyone's parents will have them. Plus I'd look ridiculous at 40-50 vacationing in St. Barts with a giant chest piece. My .02, do what makes you happy. Just keep reminding yourself that it's forever, and it will inevitably become either a trophy or a scar of your misspent youth.

Yes because walking around on a beach at the age of 50 is going to be the pinnacle of my life. I don't give a damn what I look like when/if I get old. :p

• Members

I don't have any script tattoos. But, I do have "directional" tattoos. I have 2 crosses on my inner wrists. They are oriented "away" from me, so, if I show them, they are upside down to me, but right-side up to everyone else.

Its your body, but you sound pretty young (i didn't get mine til my late 20s....too damn practical with my money i guess) and words that mean a TON to you now....well....do you want them staring YOU in the face forever? Or....facing the world?

• Members

Trophy of my misspent youth is mother {censored}ing right. I'd rather look at my tattoos and say to myself "{censored} yeah, I spent my youth kicking ass and getting tattoos on a whim" instead of sucking dick as an unpaid intern (read: modern slavery) and wasting my time pushing paper for some giant company.

• Members

Seems like an odd place to commemorate your gran pep.

Well its gonna be decent size, probably wont fit on my arm, not sure where i would get it on my upper torso. Thigh just seemed like a good place, like right above the knee.

• Members

Well its gonna be decent size, probably wont fit on my arm, not sure where i would get it on my upper torso. Thigh just seemed like a good place, like right above the knee.

Look man, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, just pointing something out here: You're going to reminisce over your Grandpa every time you poo.

• Members
Yes because walking around on a beach at the age of 50 is going to be the pinnacle of my life. I don't give a damn what I look like when/if I get old.
:p

Trophy of my misspent youth is mother {censored}ing right. I'd rather look at my tattoos and say to myself "{censored} yeah, I spent my youth kicking ass and getting tattoos on a whim" instead of sucking dick as an unpaid intern (read: modern slavery) and wasting my time pushing paper for some giant company.

I completely see your point of view, but like I said mine is changing. Main catalyst for this change: Two days hanging around a pool in Las Vegas. I feel like everyone under the age of 25 thinking of getting a tattoo should be made to suffer through that unholy art show. And I dig tattoos. I have a few, including on the inside of my left wrist.

• Members

Holy {censored}storm. Alright, random internet strangers, calm the {censored} down. You're entitled to your views on tattooing and the possibly wildly incorrect assumptions you have of tattooed individuals.

I was just throwing it out there, it was a tossup of either below the elbow, or across the left side of my chest above my heart. No, it wouldn't be mirror imaged or visible wearing a shirt, and I don't regularly expose myself in public.

Yes, it's from Another Space Song, and the way I interpret it, the message is pretty universal and timeless. So it's hardly in reference to the song or band in particular, they just said it right.

• Members

My view on tattoos has changed/is changing. I think it's probably because of the overwhelming number of bad ones that I see anymore. It's become a fashion fad as much as anything. In 10 years, no one will think tattoos are cool, because everyone's parents will have them. Plus I'd look ridiculous at 40-50 vacationing in St. Barts with a giant chest piece. My .02, do what makes you happy. Just keep reminding yourself that it's forever, and
it will inevitably become either a trophy or a scar of your misspent youth

I didn't get my tattoo until I was 39, I waited that long to make sure I wouldn't regret it. I didn't get it done to be 'cool' or to annoy my parents. I got it done because I wanted it, for me. ... nothing is 'inevitable'

• Members

Ignore the haters Simon, they're predictable, and show up in every conversation or thread on tattoos. They're too closed minded to see anything from anyone else's point of view.

Let's just say not all tattoos are the cliched fashion statement that misguided individuals get to 'fit in' or look cool. I honestly know people through the UK tattoo convention circuit that have been getting tattooed for over 40 years, and continue to do so without regret.

• Members

Holy {censored}storm. Alright, random internet strangers, calm the {censored} down. You're entitled to your views on tattooing and the possibly wildly incorrect assumptions you have of tattooed individuals.

I was just throwing it out there, it was a tossup of either below the elbow, or across the left side of my chest above my heart. No, it wouldn't be mirror imaged or visible wearing a shirt, and I don't regularly expose myself in public.

Yes, it's from Another Space Song, and the way I interpret it, the message is pretty universal and timeless. So it's hardly in reference to the song or band in particular, they just said it right.

Do it the way it's pictured, so that it's right side up with your arms hanging at your side.

• Members

some people just get tattoos because they love the process, the art, and how it looks when its done. not every tattoo is a tribute, or some deep emotional thing. pretty sure my squid bbq'ing at the bottom of the ocean doesnt mean anything, its just hilarious and awesome.

Archived