Would it be stupid to tattoo text so you can read it?

p00n

• Members

some people just get tattoos because they love the process, the art, and how it looks when its done. not every tattoo is a tribute, or some deep emotional thing. pretty sure my squid bbq'ing at the bottom of the ocean doesnt mean anything, its just hilarious and awesome.

This. Exactly, I have a couple of tattoos that have some meaning, but 90% of the stuff I have is just because I love tattoos.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't regret getting tattooed. I regret not researching my artists for the first few I got, because my standards and expectations are a hell of a lot higher now than they were then. had I done my research, some of my earlier stuff would have been better quality.

But I got so much space left on my body, I've got lots of room for more awesome work.

I get tattooed maybe twice a year nowadays because I'd rather travel however far and pay however much I need to get the work that impresses me, whereas when I first started out I was going to someone local pretty regularly. I was actually lucky that the local guy is pretty good, but his forte is biomechanical stuff, which I really wouldn't wear, so there are much better choices out there for the styles I like. I could have had a much worse local artist to get started with.

• Members

Hey Chuck, do you ever regret a tattoo? Or are you ever like "Aww man, I should've got it like this instead of like this"

Just out of curiosity.

I don't regret mine, even though it's not the best (it was done by an amateur) and sometimes I think I could have had it done a bit differently, but I don't regret it.. I mean it's only a tattoo, it's not a big enough deal to me to ever regret it, life's too short for regrets especially something like a tattoo. The only thing I regret is not spending more time with my Dad because he died pretty unexpectedly and I just presumed he was gonna be around a lot longer. A tattoo isn't the end of the world even if you do decide you might have liked something else more.

• Members

Of course not everything has to be as dramatized as some of the reasons they give on those reality tattoo shows, but for the first few tattoos, I'd definitely prefer something with a sliver of meaning.

Well, I'm 21, so it's not like I'm unable to reason for myself. Haters, don't flatter yourselves. Discussing {censored} on a forum isn't quite fishing for gospel truth, it's just discussing {censored}. And I can definitely weigh the consequences of a visible tattoo.

Right now, I'm leaning towards having it over the left side of my chest, since it's more personal than ornamental. Eventually I may want entire sleeves, depending on my career and personal choices. So I'll leave my forearms unmarked for now.

In other news, distant sleeve plans include this design in black and grey on my right forearm:

deathwallpaper.jpg

• Members

'89 hah technically 21 this year. Hells yeah broseph. Hit me up man, this new band I joined is moving slow as hell, but they like good music. And that's rare as hell since it's {censored}ing hard to pry any local musician away from John Mayer's penis.

• Members

'89 hah technically 21 this year. Hells yeah broseph. Hit me up man, this new band I joined is moving slow as hell, but they like good music. And that's rare as hell since it's {censored}ing hard to pry any local musician away from John Mayer's penis.

yeah, tell me about it. Although my experiences with local music are more awful generic screamo that'd give anyone with perfect pitch an aneurysm. I'm assured by a friend that there's a hueg underground shoegaze-y scene, but I haven't seen much of it yet..

• Members

yeah, tell me about it. Although my experiences with local music are more awful generic screamo that'd give anyone with perfect pitch an aneurysm. I'm assured by a friend that there's a hueg underground shoegaze-y scene, but I haven't seen much of it yet..

I've seen a nice local band Amateur Takes Control opening for Plus/Minus. All the best local {censored} is usually signed to KittyWu, and they bring in great bands at ok prices.

Never really heard much about local shoegaze, but post rock is picking up, although all the bands sound pretty similar. My bandmate let me hear an exciting noise band the other day when I said I liked {censored} Buttons. Will have to get the band name again.

Archived