Radiohead Vs. Derek Trucks

dZjupp

• Members

Trucks plays more than simple blues scales, though.

Trucks developed a love of Pakistani and East Indian
music, and was moved by the sound of artists like
, prompting him to study at the
in
which is where he learned to play the
, leaving lingering strains of
in his guitar work.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I generally cant stand blues for more than five minutes, but Derek Trucks i can listen to for hours on end. He's done a lot of great stuff within the framework of blues. Radiohead on the other hand, has done some great stuff nowhere near any form of framework. The comparison really isn't fair..

• Members

wow...i absolutley LOVE both of these people/guys. i dunno. they're both so different yet really important to me. trucks is a master, tone for YEARS, as simple a setup as it gets. he uses no pick and plays flamenco-style at times. radiohead get beautiful and techy and is a BAND, not just a bunch of guys playing together. i can't vote here, it's a total tossup for me.

• Members

No pun intended, but Anyone Can Play Guitar. Trucks ain't the only excellent blooze player around. In fact, he's one of thousands.

However, not too many people can write excellent songs like Karma Police, Street Spirit, I Might Be Wrong, and There There, and flesh them out to greatness. I''d be hard pressed to find a better songwriter then Thom Yorke in the past twenty years. :idk:

• Members

Neither...

I walked out on both of them live... Radiohead was a snoozefest at All Points West 2 years ago and the Allman Brothers were playing some of the most predictable dad-rock when I saw them with Ratdog like 3 years ago. *yawn*

Album-wise I think they both have some real solid stuff but live I'll save my money for something else.

• Members

who will win?

Derek Trucks, the Man that uses his technique to laugh at technology

derek.jpg

See that thing strapped around his neck...

bet he even plugs into a box with little glass bottles full of artificial nothingness

and manipulates electromagnetic forces

Archived