favorite looper

Stazinish

• Members

I'll probably just be doing simple loops. No need to save anything. I hadn't really considered the DL-4 but I don't really need a delay and it's kind of big isn't it? I don't really want to use that much board space for a looper. It is about the sound though.

• Members

For a while I've been planning on picking up an m9 and using that as a looper but now I'm not too into it. I used to have the JamMan way back in the day but I wasn't a big fan of it. What are you guys using for looping?

What is your main beef with the M9 and the JamMan? This might give some ideas as to what your are looking for...

I have had a Boss RC-20XL and a JamMan Stereo, what I really like about the JamMan is the storage capabilities. Saving it to an SD card, storing 99 loops, etc...

Loopers are always a bit tricky when you use them as a loop because you need to match your tempo and make sure the seam sounds good. You're always recording digital with a looper as well. If you're looking for a looper to use in a live setting and you play the loop live you can also look into using one of the better delay pedals as your looper (DD-7 40 secs, HardWire DL-8 20 secs, etc...).

• Members

What is your main beef with the M9 and the JamMan? This might give some ideas as to what your are looking for...

I have had a Boss RC-20XL and a JamMan Stereo, what I really like about the JamMan is the storage capabilities. Saving it to an SD card, storing 99 loops, etc...

Loopers are always a bit tricky when you use them as a loop because you need to match your tempo and make sure the seam sounds good. You're always recording digital with a looper as well. If you're looking for a looper to use in a live setting and you play the loop live you can also look into using one of the better delay pedals as your looper (DD-7 40 secs, HardWire DL-8 20 secs, etc...).

The JamMan just seemed clunky to me. And there wasn't much I could do to manipulate the loop, unless I was using it wrong. Haven't tried the m9 looper.

What is the general consensus on the Headrush? Both the tape delay and $150 price tag are appealing.

• Members

As far as on-the-fly loopers go.... the M9's is tough to beat, IMO. It's got all the important features and is really easy to use. Only problem is the pricetag (if you're not going to use any of the rest of the features).

So, yeah... I still dig my modded RC-2. It's almost completely a practice tool for me as I don't use it live, but it does what I need quite well.

DSC05372.jpg

Archived