What do you like the least about the synth you like the most?

ClavAnother

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool thread topic.

I wish the Nord Stage had the ability to store MIDI channels in the "Extern" section at the patch level. The inability for the NS to do this seriously limits its effectiveness as a performance controller.

• Members

Although they're technically "digital pianos" - I hate that neither my Roland RD700SX or my Yamaha CP300 comes with a PC software interface to bypass the need to make patch parameter changes via the tiny buttons, tiny screens and multi-layered menus on the keyboard itself. It drives me crazy to have to spend 4-5 minutes stepping through the character set one character at a time just to put a name on a patch. Yamaha's Studio Manager provides interfaces for Yamaha's synth lines (i.e., Motif, etc.) but not the digital pianos. Even the aftermarket tools (i.e., MidiQuest) don't have interfaces for these instruments.

I'll bet that the Yamaha engineers have such a tool.... in today's world - it ought to come as part of the package for every synth / digital piano / programmable device sold.

• Members

Motif XS6 - Aftertouch is too sensitive, or velocity isn't sensitive enough, or something. There's overlap.

Microkorg - Only 4 notes of polyphony and those tiny keys.

TX802 - Can't think of anything I don't like about it. ;)

D-550 - Needs a better programming interface.

MKS-80 - the fact that it isn't a Jupiter-8. ;)

Archived