What do you like the least about the synth you like the most?

ClavAnother

• Members

Andromeda A6 - How finicky the knobs are / inputting values.

Waldorf Q - Tiny Display

Virus TI - Sustain note when attempting to send out Arps.

MKS-80 - The fact I've owned it for nearly 2 years and one of my best friends won't give it back to me without a fight... uses it on every single track he writes.

Korg Karma - The additional $150 to buy the MW software that should have come with the synth.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1) My Chroma with Expander. Neither of them can power up, and they are probably unfixable'.

2) Oasys which while can do some amazing things has the worst human (and archaic) interface I have seen and a lot of functions any self-respecting pro would never have any need for.

3) Nord Electro 2- great clav samples but they are out of tune, and the unit has next to no gain

4) Moog Voyager Electric Blue- looks cool backlit in the dark but the annoying whistle renders it useless except for photo-ops.

5) Roland V-synth GT- I love this synth but you cant have it on a stand with other boards because the d-beam reacts

6) Roland Fantom XR (rack) A lot of power for a single space for sure, but ridiculous to navigate with the micro screen and flimsy buttons.

7) DP 6.01- Great leap into the next realm of DAWs but has many bugs

• Members

DX7II: Keys are too noisy. I hope I can fix this with a felt ribbon or something like the DX7 mk 1 had.

Virus C: too much diving through menus.

Massive: Can't truly sync oscillators, there's only a sync-like wavetable.

Juno-60 / JX8P : No unison spread (yes, even though Unison is a factory test mode hack thing).

• Members

I've only got one synth, a Korg Polysix.

I dislike the lak of MIDI. I'm planning on getting a MIDI retrofit kit, but they're pretty expensive.

Also. the tape in connection used for loading patches doesn't seem to work. Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be able to restore the factory patches.

• Members

1) My Chroma with Expander. Neither of them can power up, and they are probably unfixable'.

Hi, have you been in contact with the guys at www.rhodeschroma.com?

They make a new PSU which makes the beast much more stable.

I had some email correspondence with David Clarke, Chroma Guru and he said:

"I like it (Chroma) because it is pretty much infinitely repairable (meaning that I can keep it alive as long as I'd like)."

This kind of "sealed the deal" for me, so I got myself an Expander 2 months ago:love:

Back to topic:

Chroma and it

• Members

I WANT A SYNTH WITH A BIG VEGAS MODE!!!
:mad:
:mad: Why they don't make synths with VEGAS mode? I want a Vegas mode!!!
:cry:

I'm probably not supposed to say anything yet, but there may very well be a synth manufacturer, who hangs out here, that is considering this. Be patient.

• Members

You can add a Vegas mode to any synth with these:

christmas-lights-1.jpg

Not just synths either. You can add Vegas mode to anything in your house. For some strange reason, around December a popular thing to do is to cut down and drag an actual TREE into your house and then put this Vegas mode kit on it. :facepalm:

Archived