NVD

mis5dis6gis7

• Members

so what, the dude likes to listen to records? no reason to be an asshole. It's his money and he can spend it on anyway he wants. congrats man, you got some good music there.

Exactly. A friend of mine worked all summer and spent all his pay on a record player and a {censored}ton of vinyl. So what? Nothing hipster about it, it looks cool, besides, for him - he says he actually puts on a record and sits and listens to it in full, as opposed to downloading stuff to his mp3 player and listening to it in the background.

• Members

I love pretty much everything about records. You tend to pay more attention to the music, you listen to full albums instead of having something on shuffle, the bigger album art, the collectability factor, etc. etc.

I don't get all the hate in here. Enjoy your new records :thu:

• Members

so what, the dude likes to listen to records? no reason to be an asshole. It's his money and he can spend it on anyway he wants. congrats man, you got some good music there.

Ok ok - I confess. I really don't give a damn. I do get a little perturbed at the people who act as if vinyl is the only way to really enjoy music, but honestly I feel the same as Josh33 here. Perhaps my razzing was a bit much, so sorry about that.

Nice score - carry on.

• Members

I like the physical medium of a vinyl album cover, and sometimes the inner sleeve as well.

For sonic and practical purposes? Give me CD or a high bitrate file any day of the week.

Vinyl is a {censored}ing pain in the ass. Warpage, scratches, pops, sub-standard fidelity, replacement needles, lack of transportability...

Those of us who had vinyl albums as our primary source of music as kids (I'm 38) jumped at cassettes when dual-cassette recorders came out. And we all jumped again when CD's first made an appearance.

In short, Vinyl sucks.

• Members

I like the physical medium of a vinyl album
cover
, and sometimes the inner sleeve as well.

For sonic and practical purposes? Give me CD or a high bitrate file any day of the week.

Vinyl is a {censored}ing pain in the ass. Warpage, scratches, pops, sub-standard fidelity, replacement needles, lack of transportability...

Those of us who had vinyl albums as our primary source of music as kids (I'm 38) jumped at cassettes when dual-cassette recorders came out. And we all jumped again when CD's first made an appearance.

In short, Vinyl sucks.

I'm even a bit older, and I concede a lot of your points here. That said, I got a used turntable recently, upgraded cartridge, a good cleaner, and with new vinyl (which I don't have much of yet) it sounds pretty damn good. But good recorded cds, are still preferable to me too, I just think they are superior, unless you have a kick a$$ turntable system, which I'm not about to spend the proper money on. But there is something fun, and nostalgic about the whole medium, where I use to listen to the whole album, and not just a song here and there.

Archived