New Jimmy Eat World

blueballoon

• Members

Does the first song go from sounding normal to super-compressed/far away at like 1:30? It sounds like it's coming out of regular speakers then switches to tiny little speakers in a different room.

i got that in a couple different tracks :idk:

probably just the brightcove stream player or something silly.

• Members

I've listened to it twice from their site. I haven't been able to get into it yet. It sounds bland and overproduced after 2 listens. I'll keep giving it a shot though.

I listened to My Best Theory and got the the same feeling. Then I listened to the remake of Stop and turned it off partway through. Their last album was really produced, but the songs were pretty good so it worked, imo. This one is making me a bit nervous.

I was considering waiting for it to drop to listen, but I got a copy of the stream and am kinda tempted to just listen now so that I don't get disappointed if it's weak. I don't think they've made a bad record since they started making good records.

• Members

I feel like a dick saying this, but ask me 5 years ago and I'd have been really excited. :/

I kind of stopped listening to most pop rock when my favorites started popping as hard as they could, over producing, playing to click-tracks and quantizing everything. I dunno, but I blame it on that. The trend in production is leaving little air in the mix, too artificial, too precise...and worse, the predictability and bad writing. I hate saying this even more, but Weezer kind of forced me to grow out of it. :cry:

Man, I hate being such a bummer.

Maybe it just wore me out in general, and I've got enough of the good stuff to last me. Especially with all the major label pop singers doing pop rock. I don't find myself out looking for more pop rock.

• Members

Their last album, IMO, was terrible. How they went from Futures to that is beyond me.

Hopefully this one's better.
:thu:

If you dug Futures ( I did ) make sure and get the Stay on My Side Tonight EP that came out in between Futures and Chase This Light. It's just as awesome as futures, and built me up even higher before Chase this Light came and crapped all over Jimmy Eat World's awesomeness.

Archived