HOLY SH#T THEY'RE EVERYWHERE: SEIF'S THREADS

RadioSilence

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, the odd ego-stroking, lack of sarcasm meter, and then the necessary assuaging of mild temper-flaring.

So how would your ideal HCFX go? I don't fully get what you're pointing to as the endemic problems with HCFX in this thread, you have a list there but it doesn't entirely make sense to me. Nonetheless, I'll just give you it, okay - so what would Viper Jazz moderated HCFX be, instead? What isn't happening that should; what is happening that shouldn't?

• Members

S...what would Viper Jazz moderated HCFX be, instead? What isn't happening that should; what is happening that shouldn't?

I THINK HE WOULD SAY THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN CAPS AND HAVE MINIMAL PUNCTUATION BECAUSE THAT WAY YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE REALLY MEAN WHAT THEY'RE SAYING AM I RIGHT OR WHAT

• Members

So how would your ideal HCFX go? I don't fully get what you're pointing to as the endemic problems with HCFX in this thread, you have a list there but it doesn't entirely make sense to me. Nonetheless, I'll just give you it, okay - so what would Viper Jazz moderated HCFX be, instead? What isn't happening that should; what is happening that shouldn't?

Well, it's not for me to say what "should/shouldn't" be happening, first off. It would ideally be a more self-regulated place where people wouldn't need to be internet superheroes as badly, where folks wouldn't need to light in-jokes on fire and divebomb them into the ground, where more genuine interaction could occur as opposed to LiveJournal-type updates from a select few, and where P.C. behavior wasn't as necessary and yet racism/sexism/homophobia wouldn't be seriously expressed as often.

'Course, this is all one reporter's opinion and basically just means that HCFX doesn't fit my ideal aesthetic standards of a messageboard. And that's OK.

Also, no way I'd want to moderate.

• Members

So, who are the internet superheroes? I don't understand what you mean there. I totally agree about the overuse of memes, drives me nuts sometimes. And in general I'd say that in terms of a community self-regulating, well, that happens regardless, doesn't it, the community is just us, we make the thing as we contribute in whatever ways we do. That's self-regulation to an extent. Except that political threads are verboten, that sucks but it is what it is.

Genuine interactions, man, I couldn't agree more. I'm quite a fan of Heidegger, nobody likes that he was a nazi for awhile but before that period in his life he did a lot of great philosophy and his conception of dasein in relation to the "they" and the modes of authenticity versus inauthenticity is really profound to me. I think 4chan is an example of a community entirely given over to the "they," and it makes this place worse when we behave inauthentically for whatever motivations. But obscure German philosophy probably doesn't have much of an audience here. :idk:

It's the place we make it. If you're happy here, you're happy here - if you're not, should you leave? If we're happy here, we're happy here - if we're not, should we leave?

• Members
Genuine interactions, man, I couldn't agree more. I'm quite a fan of Heidegger, nobody likes that he was a nazi for awhile but before that period in his life he did a lot of great philosophy and his conception of dasein in relation to the "they" and the modes of authenticity versus inauthenticity is really profound to me. I think 4chan is an example of a community entirely given over to the "they," and it makes this place worse when we behave inauthentically for whatever motivations.
But obscure German philosophy probably doesn't have much of an audience here.
:idk:

:wave: Right here.

But in all honesty, I'm not well read on Heidegger. Can you explain what you mean a little more in depth? I understand the word Dasein, but not in the technical sense used by Heidegger and so I'm not sure I can even begin to process what you've just said. I'm curious.

Archived