Boss ST-2 Power Stack...I love it! short demo

schenkadere

• Members

I'm saying definitely NOT a troll and it's extra stupid that someone would say that, since most stuff here doesn't contribute crap. OTOH it would have been a LOT better with the amp turned up more and more light too, or try for the amp closer to and pointed at the mic with the guitar a bit further away.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What Gambit said, don't take all of the 'feedback' too seriously. Before your clip, this was a fairly maligned pedal, and given Boss's reputation for making less than stellar dirt pedals, not surprising that people found your claims somewhat "surprising" to say the least. And while your clip was ok, the playing quite good by the way, the quality of the audio was tough to say how good this pedal really is. Nothing personal, just fair comments from folks. But good on you, for making a demo, and I'd like to hear more from it, maybe with a higher quality audio recording - it's really needed when demoing dirt pedals.

• Members

Need more demos of this pedal... Seriously, the pedal has potential. How many people are struggling to get an overdriven amp sound without actually overdriving an amp? Digital dirt pedals will at one point and time get pretty darn close to their analog counter parts or a real tube amp overdriven. It will always be very hard to judge a pedal like this from a video since you want to know how well does it interact with your playing, how does it interact with your guitar, your amp and your other pedals. One great feature that Boss could have added to this pedal is a speaker sim like the bad monkey has to go straight to a mixer or other recording interface.

• Members

that's a pretty bizarre thought...what would be the purpose of that?

how does someone posting F the whole place up?

I actually stopped posting here a while back when it seemed about 50% effects and music and 50% personal rants and general nonsense.

I was joking dude.

• Members

Next time I'll get the Andy from proguitarshop seal of approval for all demos posted.

Geez...just thought people may be curious about a recently released pedal...didn't realize it carried so much controversy and need for criticism.

I propped a Flip camera on my bed and played...sorry it's not a Hollywood production.

Great place here! I can't imagine why I ever stopped posting.

People don't want to admit:

1. That a Boss distortion pedal sounds good

2. That a digital distortion pedal sounds good

• Members

Next time I'll get the Andy from proguitarshop seal of approval for all demos posted.

Geez...just thought people may be curious about a recently released pedal...didn't realize it carried so much controversy and need for criticism.

I propped a Flip camera on my bed and played...sorry it's not a Hollywood production.

Butthurt'd.

• Members

I, for one, welcome our new douchebag indie-hipster-wannabe overlords.

• Members

Well, I just thought it would be cool for people who hadn't heard it at all...I know the quality wasn't great, but for the 10 minutes it took to throw it together, it gives a general idea.

For $99 I think it's fantastic. It's a very personal thing, obviously, and it suits my playing and my ear very well. For that price tag, I thought folks should at least give it a fair shake. It's readily available which is nice so you can at least give it a test run. If you hate it...fine...if you like it...great.

It's just stupid to get pounced on. How many of the video/audio quality complainers or the should have done this, should have done that complainers actually make any videos or sound clips to assist fellow players?

To me, it's an out front lead players pedal...probably why Boss got Marty Friedman to demo it. Sorry if I didn't attempt the styles to accommodate everyone.

• Members

Just don't take the personal attacks too personally :lol: No one takes themselves too seriously, or if they do, they usually get heckled for it quick enough. You make some good points, I'd like to hear more from this pedal. I wish it was a bit more interesting looking.

Well, I just thought it would be cool for people who hadn't heard it at all...I know the quality wasn't great, but for the 10 minutes it took to throw it together, it gives a general idea.

For $99 I think it's fantastic. It's a very personal thing, obviously, and it suits my playing and my ear very well. For that price tag, I thought folks should at least give it a fair shake. It's readily available which is nice so you can at least give it a test run. If you hate it...fine...if you like it...great.

It's just stupid to get pounced on. How many of the video/audio quality complainers or the should have done this, should have done that complainers actually make any videos or sound clips to assist fellow players?

To me, it's an out front lead players pedal...probably why Boss got Marty Friedman to demo it. Sorry if I didn't attempt the styles to accommodate everyone.

• Members

Just don't take the personal attacks too personally
:lol:
No one takes themselves too seriously, or if they do, they usually get heckled for it quick enough. You make some good points, I'd like to hear more from this pedal. I wish it was a bit more interesting looking.

Yeah...it doesn't exactly scream "try me".

• Members

Sounded GREAT to me. You were getting a nice warm overdrive tone out of it with good lows and mids.

I didn't mind the delay at all. I thought it sounded good.

Excellent playing too!
:thu:

Why thank you.

The overdrive is very warm...one it gets into higher gain it gets very compressed so it does lose some lows which doesn't really bother me at all...but at lower gain settings, it sounds very natural. I prefer the lower gain OD settings of this pedal to the lead channel of my Delta Blues...much more dynamic. Another great thing is how well this pedal cleans up. You could essentially set your highest desired gain and ride your volume through the night.

• Members

Its just a dirt pedal, a few clipping circuits, one componant in a larger piece of the chain.

There ought to be something good you can do with it, I've played very few dirst that are honestly unusable. I've heard people get great tones out of an MT2 for {censored}s sake. Its a bit early days to be all RAR THIS SUCKS.

Archived