Boss ST-2 Power Stack...I love it! short demo

schenkadere

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't hear much low end from this pedal, probably the recording/youtube. What other pedals have you owned/used that you have compared to this pedal?

Yeah...just a Flip recorder.

GT-500, Lovepedal Super Lead, Hardwire SC-2, Digitech Hot Head, Marshall Gun'nor2, SRB808 hi gain model, Comptortion, all the usual Boss dirt, Deltalab dirt pedals, MXR Distortion III, Metal Muff, Zvex Mastotron...that's all that comes to mind at the moment...there's more.

• Members

It works for what the OP uses it for I guess. I don't play like that. I wonder what it'd sound like if you let chords ring or actually tried to play 'ambient' music instead of a simple delay. It sounds like your delay was also adding a bit of dirt as most 9v delays do.

• Members

totally a troll. He played it smart though. Getting 310 or so posts, biting his time until it was the right moment to create this thread and {censored}ing this whole place up.

that's a pretty bizarre thought...what would be the purpose of that?

how does someone posting F the whole place up?

I actually stopped posting here a while back when it seemed about 50% effects and music and 50% personal rants and general nonsense.

• Members

Hey, that sounds good to me. Much better than the last review portrayed it to sound. I don't need one with all the digital models I've already got available, but the pedal has some cool sounds going on in the demo. Sounds like it would fit in a mix well live too ("a lack of low end" is sometimes code for "does not compete with the bassist or drummer").

haha

was thinking the same thing.

I usually use just a very small amount. I used to use more, and reverb, but now I use a lot less. It's a taste thing... In this case, in my opinion the delay was turned up rather high, making it hard to get a sense of how the pedal sounded on its own, but still, it's just a delay, not like it's fundamentally changing the sound, just throwing it back at you :) I was still able to hear the more relevant sound of the pedal itself, which seems to have a much better drive character than I anticipated from the last post on it where the guy really hated it.

• Members

Next time I'll get the Andy from proguitarshop seal of approval for all demos posted.

Geez...just thought people may be curious about a recently released pedal...didn't realize it carried so much controversy and need for criticism.

I propped a Flip camera on my bed and played...sorry it's not a Hollywood production.

Great place here! I can't imagine why I ever stopped posting.

• Members

don't worry about it.. some people obviously thought you were here to take the piss.

the reason being, when the ST-2 was announced there was a giant thread ripping it to pieces.. then a couple of demo's of it sounding less than stellar.

so when you arrive declaring "It's the best, most versatile distortion I've used...and I've had many over the years!" - you can see how this could be taken as suspicious.

don't take it to heart! you're timing was, if anything, impeccable :lol:

Archived