Boss ST-2 Power Stack...I love it! short demo

schenkadere

• Members

I've love to get one someday. I've recently been getting really into Boss pedals.

You see them on ebay quite often, I owned one before this one and neither cost me much. It isn't 'sought after' that's for sure, it came up in that 'worst sounding pedal' thread half a dozen times! :lol: I don't really know why, it's a great thick fat distortion sound for 'alt rock' of whatever type.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You see them on ebay quite often, I owned one before this one and neither cost me much. It isn't 'sought after' that's for sure, it came up in that 'worst sounding pedal' thread half a dozen times!
:lol:
I don't really know why, it's a great thick fat distortion sound for 'alt rock' of whatever type.

I think it sounds awesome! Kinda big muffy, smashing pumpkins kinda stuff IMO.

• Members

I think it sounds awesome! Kinda big muffy, smashing pumpkins kinda stuff IMO.

yeah, for sure... it's like the bastard child of a big muff and a triple rec, it's sounds best into a really clean amp imo, a solid state or something with loads of clean headroom. I bet it would be brilliant into a JC120. The bottom end is really tight through a 4x12 though, that's where it's unlike a big muff, you can chugga chugga all day with it.

• Members

I thought it sounded good. Great playing too :thu:

It does actually take some balls to post your own audio/ video on here. It's like serving your gonads up on a silver platter to a pack of rabid hungry hounds. I wish more people would do it, it makes for a more interesting and informative board. So respect to you sir, especially as it was against the grain.

Thanks for posting it.

• Members

Its just a dirt pedal, a few clipping circuits, one componant in a larger piece of the chain.

There ought to be something good you can do with it, I've played very few
dirst
that are honestly unusable. I've heard people get great tones out of an MT2 for {censored}s sake. Its a bit early days to be all RAR THIS SUCKS.

0505200954224FredDurst.jpg

• Members

It does sound pretty nice, actually- nothing to keep me away from my HM-2, though.

I bought that pedal when it first came out in '83. At the time it was the best thing going for metal. I gave it to Billy Milano from SOD/MOD in'85. Glad you enjoy yours.

• Members

Nice playing! I must admit, this is by far the best ST-2 demo I've heard. It actually sounded rather good...

I'll tell ya...this pedal surprised the crap out of me. I expected the worst, but tried it out of curiosity and cuz Marty Friedman made it sound good...glad I did. I would normally never look twice at Boss dirt....well, Boss anything really.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

to much unnecessary and childish hate on the ST-2 here...

anyway nice demo! i've tried it and the dynamics is very responsive. you could only achieve this dynamics with a "pedal" trough DSP and digital circuitry. but this would be limited to flat response PA systems or glassy-toned clean amps IMO. it gets harsh with an overdriven amp. the st-2 is a good pedal if you know what tone you are aiming for

would buy it if it was a bit cheaper. still looking for a good deal for a used st-2 thou

Archived