September New Gear Thread

Birdienumnum

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very cool! I want to check out this 120Hz action, I think my eyes are sensitive to tv flicker at 60Hz (and 50Hz TVs drive me bonkers).

There's no doubt that the 120 hz is easy on the eyes.

BTW, this Sony (KDL-40W4100) usually sells at places like Best Buy and Circuit City for $1700-1800, and through Amazon for about $1500. I stumbled across it for $1199 from Fry's and jumped on the deal. (I went to a nearby store and they wouldn't match their own internet price, so I bought it online and then opted for in-store pickup. Went back to the same store and paid $500 less than the ticketed price. How silly is that?)

• Members

I don't have any Macs at the moment. I use a Compaq V2000 laptop running XP SP2. The LCD doesn't bother me. Most TVs do. Especially DLP.

My old 19" CRT running at 85Hz never bothered me either.

Interesting. XP usually locks in the video scan rate at 60hz. And digital video plays back at less a rate than that. I am usually not bothered by monitors at or above 60hz, but fluorescent lights can bug the piss out of me.

I'm in the market for a large size LCD TV myself, so I will have to remember to consider the refresh rate. Up until now I figured that if the computer LCD at 60hz didn't bother me, then a television LCD wouldn't, either.

• Members

This isn't synth related, but I am sooo excited about what I just bought -

Sony KDL-40W4100 40" HDTV (1080p/120hz)

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray Player

picture.JPG

{censored}, I missed Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Television looks very nice, by the way.

• Members

You know I just realized your pic is like an ad for Gearslutz and that makes me sad...I just got way depressed about the pics... Im feeling no love.... Its almost silly...But Im so sick of GS- its a joke now. And if you say you aren't on that board you are a LIAR LIAR LIAR!

Nice gear though but so cliche...

Does anyone else find this kind of slavery to fashion just stupid?

Who CARES what other forums someone may be on?

Seriously, his gear is "cliche" and it makes you "sad"?!

Sheesh...Get a life...

• Members

{censored}, I missed Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

lol you can complain. i love the show and would happily pay to legally download it (ditto mythbusters too), but the US tv companies won't let me 'cos i'm in the UK.

so it's wait ages for the dvd (which i will buy anyway when it comes out), or find a naughty link for it.

• Members

lol you can complain. i love the show and would happily pay to legally download it (ditto mythbusters too), but the US tv companies won't let me 'cos i'm in the UK.

so it's wait ages for the dvd (which i will buy anyway when it comes out), or find a naughty link for it.

OT, been following it to, superb series.

Cameron can come and Terminate me anytime :love:

terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-2

• Members

For a long time, I thought the price was stupid, but then I found myself time and again not having the inclination to go build one of my own, so . . . I bought the most expensive piece of Ikea furniture in my crappy home.

375563.jpg

I have that exact one! It's one of the best things I've bought. I've had mine for some 10 years now and it's moved across 2 states and 4 different cities that I've lived in. I think it moved like 6 times, and it's always held on great. Plus it looks awesome in my studio.

• Members

For a long time, I thought the price was stupid, but then I found myself time and again not having the inclination to go build one of my own, so . . . I bought the most expensive piece of Ikea furniture in my crappy home.

375563.jpg

Now I'm puzzled. What's it for?

• Members

Cameron can come and Terminate me anytime

you're not kidding.

i've just caught the new season this morning and i can't remember the last time that i saw a show where the ending left me sat there going OMFG for the next 5 minutes.

and i'm glad i use the little girls room, 'cos if i was a guy, i swear to god i'd never go in the men's room again after the 'killer urinal' scene!:eek::eek:

• Members

you're not kidding.

i've just caught the new season this morning and i can't remember the last time that i saw a show where the ending left me sat there going OMFG for the next 5 minutes.

and i'm glad i use the little girls room, 'cos if i was a guy, i swear to god i'd never go in the men's room again after the 'killer urinal' scene!
:eek:
:eek:

Sounds scary :eek:

Ive only got to the episode where Cameron destroys a Terminator in a bath of thermite. Ill probaly buy the whole collection if it comes out on Blue-ray. :cool:

Archived