NPD

RoboPimp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It sounds excellent

I can't find a fault yet except that it doesn't self-osc (yet) and it's made of plastic

but yeah, the same delay chip everyone else uses.

I was laughing as I tried it out because it's $25 bucks and it sounds so damn good.

the repeats hold together very well even at long delay times too, they don't get all distorted or weird sounding like some delays do.

doesn't seem to suck tone too bad at all either.

• Members

Happy new delay day! That really is a great deal. A rehouse would be cool. I had the Cool Cat chorus - which sounded pretty good too, but i didn't like the footswitch at all, and I found it hard to see the controls on the back side of it, otherwise, really good sounding pedal.

• Members

It sounds excellent

I can't find a fault yet except that it doesn't self-osc (yet) and it's made of plastic

but yeah, the same delay chip everyone else uses.

I was laughing as I tried it out because it's $25 bucks and it sounds so damn good.

the repeats hold together very well even at long delay times too, they don't get all distorted or weird sounding like some delays do.

doesn't seem to suck tone too bad at all either.

Question, cuz I don't know, but what is this digital chip they use, the same as everyone else. Who is everyone here, Boss, TC Electronics, Eventide, Catalinbread? Who? Aren't there different chips used with different delays, like Strymon, or are they all basically the same? Not being a smart ass, I simply don't know.

• Members

Question, cuz I don't know, but what is this digital chip they use, the same as everyone else. Who is everyone here, Boss, TC Electronics, Eventide, Catalinbread? Who? Aren't there different chips used with different delays, like Strymon, or are they all basically the same? Not being a smart ass, I simply don't know.

Most likely the PT2399, that's the most commonly used chip.

Strymon uses DSP so I doubt they go that route. I believe it is (or was) SHARC based

• Members

Most likely the PT2399, that's the most commonly used chip.

Strymon uses DSP so I doubt they go that route. I believe it is (or was) SHARC based

Thanks. Is the PT2399 what Boss and Hardwire use in their chips too then? I wonder what TC Electronics is using, especially in this new delay they have coming out.

• Members

Thanks. Is the PT2399 what Boss and Hardwire use in their chips too then? I wonder what TC Electronics is using, especially in this new delay they have coming out.

I can't say for sure as I've never seen the guts of any of those. The PT2399 can be found in a lot of boutique and non boutique pedals though, very widely used.

• Members

put it through this true bypass looper w/feedback loop:

feedbackloop2.jpg

the bypass is really good, much better than previous cheapo plastic danos I've used. Couldn't really hear a difference at all between the pedal on or true bypassed even through my super clear and bright dual showman reverb.

the feedback loop fixed the non-osc problem so wonderfully... I forgot for a min how cool those things are with delay pedals

you can use your guitar volume to ride the osc.

• Members

Robo, how much for a pedal with one input and two outputs (the input is for my signal chain, output ONE is the pedal engaged, output TWO is pedal with a transformer isolated output or a buffered output or some crap so it doesn't hum and it passes signal all the time, preferably without ground issues - I know that's a potential PITA but if you can do it I will be be very happy!) with a clean boost and volume pot? I want something to put at the end of my signal chain to normalize for different guitars without having to tweak every volume knob on the board, and give me a second output for my DI. The cleaner the boost, the better the boost, it just needs to let me account for volume differences between my two favorite guitars with very different output pickups.

Can you do that? You'll be my hero. :love:

Archived