NPD

RoboPimp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was not the most coherent description of the kind of pedal I want, but if you're up for a custom project and feel comfortable trying something that I'm not sure will work, I would like to give you money in exchange for your effort. PM me if you think you can do a pedal that functions as full-time ground-issue-free buffered/transformer-isolated bypass as a second function for a boost with a volume knob following it for raising or lowering the volume.

• Members

Nice vid man, thanks for the demo/display :wave:

I pulled my TOD V1 outta my box of pedals a few days ago and I'm loving that thing. I'd like to rehouse it someday but I don't really know how to pull that off. Well, not with the concentric pot that is.

• Members

Nice vid man, thanks for the demo/display
:wave:

I pulled my TOD V1 outta my box of pedals a few days ago and I'm loving that thing. I'd like to rehouse it someday but I don't really know how to pull that off. Well, not with the concentric pot that is.

you can reuse the pots that come with it, or simply make it two separate pots

• Members

you can reuse the pots that come with it, or simply make it two separate pots

Yea, I'd like to do the two separate pots. Would the concentric pot's two set's of connections be easy to spot do ya think? I'll poke around in there this weekend and try and see what's going on.

• Members

Yea, I'd like to do the two separate pots. Would the concentric pot's two set's of connections be easy to spot do ya think? I'll poke around in there this weekend and try and see what's going on.

Shouldn't be too bad at all man if you know how to replace a single a concentric is no harder

worst thing is probably desoldering those through-via pots, they sink heat fairly well

• Members

Robo,

Do you make a simple boost pedal ala the MXR Micro Amp? I seem to recall you do. I'm starting to agree with your assesment of the volume decrease with the Octave Multiplexer. It also gets rid of single coil hum so that's cool :) but there is a volume loss, or the perception of it, so I might add a simple/small boost pedal to compensate. Just curious if this is something you do.

• Members

sure, I'd even consider just putting a small boost circuit right in the pedal, there's plenty of room for it...

That would be even better, one less pedal to have to deal with. I have a separate boost and buffer pedal, made by a guy at TGP (got it in a trade). It doesn't like my fuzz with the buffer on, and the boost works somewhat sporadically, so I think I'm just going to retire this pedal. Adding a boost into the OM would be great. How much would that cost to do something like that?

• Members

sure, I'd even consider just putting a small boost circuit right in the pedal, there's plenty of room for it...

Also, I have the XO version if that makes a difference in terms of room inside the pedal for the boost.

• Members

Good to hear. I wonder how the Fab Fuzz is. The Fab Chorus is one of my favorite chorus pedals.

I got one with the 600ms for $25. :eek:

IAmBurnout (Ron) now has the Fuzz. IDK if he has tinkered with it at all. It was a bit bright and brittle. I am no fuzz guy though. Talk to him.

O. And happy new pedal day ROBO! Ive got one of those puppies and Ive loved it since day one. Definitely a steal.

Archived