Building a Custom Jazzmaster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

{censored} man, my guitar tech was telling me that you couldn't give away those WRHBs in the late 70's and 80's. He was stunning when I told him that you guys flip {censored} over them.

We'll be saying that someday too. "What are you collecting? First Act effects? WTF? We used to use those to kill rats in the driveway."

• Members
Yes. It's basically a Custom Jaguar body with a Jazzmaster neck; but I'm calling it a Custom Jazzmaster because that is what the headstock will say when all is said and done
:idk:

Originally, I was thinking of going with a matching headstock. But I think it would be a complication that I wouldn't want to get into, and typically I don't like matching headstocks on Fenders anyway.

Thanks
:)

i love the mock up but would disagree on the matching headstock, i think with that color it would def look killer with a matching headstock.

• Members
i love the mock up but would disagree on the matching headstock, i think with that color it would def look killer with a matching headstock.

I'm pretty certain most would agree that a matching headstock is the way to go on this. But that would require me to remove the decal and finish from the Coronado neck. I'm not sure I want to do that. I sort of like the Frankenstein Monster approach of this build... parts and bits from a variety of Fender models :D

Archived