• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a hijack at all. I was hoping this thread would go this direction
:)

See
http://guitarmill.com/guitarmill/?page_id=16&shopp_pid=22

Prices are a bit too high for me, but it might be the only alternative to buying the parts on eBay.

Thanks for the tip. But daaayumn...$490 for a neck like the one I described:eek: If that's my only alternative to ebay it seems like I'm f*cked.

• Members

Looks cool.

I just might have to steal that idea of combining the chrome of the jaguar with the pickups and longer scale lenght of the jazzmaster. I don't dislike the look of a regular jazzmaster, but the jag looks just a tiny little cooler impo, thanks to the chrome.

Any idea where in UK/EU I can find parts if I were to finaly build me my own axe? I'd also want a neck with binding and block inlays, but with a more traditional jag/jm look. Meaning no f-holes or sparkly finish, and the normak hardware. Srry to hijack the thrad btw:)

Thom even with shipping and taxes it'll work out in our favour to order from the states due to the exchange rate

http://www.usacustomguitars.com/

http://www.warmoth.com/

• Members

Thom even with shipping and taxes it'll work out in our favour to order from the states due to the exchange rate

Depends how you define "in out favor":lol:

I'd personally rather opt for a used AVR then to spend a little more on a diy jazzmaster with a lousy resale value compared to a MIA Fender JM. Sure, an AVR jm doesn't have all those perfect features I want, but it's close, and it's just an excellent instrument. And it'd be a way better bang for the buck impo:idk:

• Members

Depends how you define "in out favor":lol:

I'd personally rather opt for a used AVR then to spend a little more on a diy jazzmaster with a lousy resale value compared to a MIA Fender JM. Sure, an AVR jm doesn't have all those perfect features I want, but it's close, and it's just an excellent instrument. And it'd be a way better bang for the buck impo:idk:

and that's the pitfall of building your own right there,so in my view be sure to build something your reasonably sure you'll like

and that your fairly certain that with a bit of a set-up and maybe a pick-up swap or two you'll have what you want

but US parts are generally just that bit better made to me :idk:

• Members

If you can get away with not having the chrome rings around the pickups, I think that'd be a plus.. particularly if you are going with the Jaguar plates... it'd just be too much. But that's me. Other than that... love the color choice and the idea. Maybe not the bridge, but if you want body through I understand.

I have a pic of someone who has one without the rings on a comp somewhere. Just Googling...came across this. I just think the look is perfect.

[YOUTUBE]jQJx51i8p_4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If you can get away with not having the chrome rings around the pickups, I think that'd be a plus.. particularly if you are going with the Jaguar plates... it'd just be too much. But that's me. Other than that... love the color choice and the idea. Maybe not the bridge, but if you want body through I understand.

I actually like the chrome rings, though I think most guys here would agree with you that they're "too much." I just can't get enough of the chrome :D

The bridge is tricky. For most, it isn't a Jazzmaster without the traditional bridge and trem... and that is probably true. But I already have a top-loading Mustang, Telecaster, Vox Ultrasonic, and Gretsch 1628 Synchromatic. I only have 2 thru-body guitars - my USA Bullet and my Thinline Bullet Esquire. I think it would be more interesting for my purposes to have a Fender offset that is thru-body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived