Dear Youtube video demo-ers...

JrB

• Members

please stop talking and play!! If I want to know what a 'level' knob does or am confused by a 'tone' control, I'll look it up. Also there's this thing called a tuner and it doesn't make you less cool if you use it. Quite the opposite actually. Oh and guess what, the 80's are over. Sorry to be the one to break it to you but most people these days don't care how fast you can play, especially when what you are playing makes them feel like they need to break out the spandex.

Yours truly

PS: For the love of everything good and pure in this world PUT YOUR DAMN SHOES ON!

Rant over.

not trying to be a troll. just been watching a bunch of vids lately. to be fair, there are some really good demo-ers out there

• Members

please stop talking and play!! If I want to know what a 'level' knob does or am confused by a 'tone' control, I'll look it up. Also there's this thing called a tuner and it doesn't make you less cool if you use it. Quite the opposite actually. Oh and guess what, the 80's are over. Sorry to be the one to break it to you but most people these days don't care how fast you can play, especially when what you are playing makes them feel like they need to break out the spandex.

Yours truly

PS: For the love of everything good and pure in this world PUT YOUR DAMN SHOES ON!

Rant over.

not trying to be a troll. just been watching a bunch of vids lately. to be fair, there are some really good demo-ers out there

i pretty much agree 100% with you...including the part about the shoes...whenever i want to purchase something, im straight onto youtube.

i ended up starting doing my own youtube channel/gear demos after that (and if i do a clip, i try to do a diffrent clip/style to all the other existing ones out there)

it actually takes a bit of time and effort...much more than i thought it would

• Members

this is true, even if I don't know what the knob does, play and twist it, me hearing it will explain it a lot better than your smelly face ever can.

Tho anyone taking there free time to demo a pedal is ok with me. I really don't see why pedal manufacturers don't all do this now a days :idk:

• Members

I always put socks on. It's really hard to set up a decent mic'd amp recording though.. And some of them that I've heard sound pretty gash anyway. It's probably vital for distortion/fuzz demos but modulation/ambient effects can get away with cam mic better

Archived