How do you feel about pedals with (ridiculous) waiting lists?

Crxsh

• Members

I don't mind having a short wait when ordering for a small builder. It took about six weeks for the Earthbound Audio Beast to be finished, and it's one of the best pedals I've ever used.

I don't think I could deal with waiting a year or two such as the case for Toneczar. I might try to get on board to buy a Skreddy Supatone, I think the pay half first thing is fair and managable.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

not interested

if i want one of those pedals i'll pay the used price

i'm not THAT fussy about the resale of my pedals :poke:

I usually try to snag a used one too... but in the waiting list cases the used prices are always so much higher... at least the few pedals I've checked out.

• Members

I'm a patient guy, so I don't mind waiting for a pedal. I've waited 5 month for my Skreddy Lunar Module and it was worth it. My name is on the list for a KOT.

I don't have a huge GAS for it, but once my name will come up, I'll buy it. But for now, I'm good with what I have! :)

• Members

I'm usually pretty impatient--i'm bad enough about not wanting to buy online if I don't have to! I'm still more likely to buy something at the store that I can physically try out, though I have bought quite alot off the internet (including some that were only available on the internet, pretty much). My obsessions sometimes are fleeting, so i'm more likely to spend the money that I have that's burning a hole in my pocket, because usually there's too many other great pedals and builders out there making something similar that has similar positives/ negatives to the one that i'd buy right now if there wasn't a wait. I'm not gonna wait months for something when I need to lay something down this weekend on a recording.

• Members

I hate the lists, much prefer strymons batch first come first serve style. i think if a producer has enough interest to have a waiting list past a month then they need to step up their game and hire someone to help out. Some of the wait lists like the echoczar are a complete joke...

Ive thought about jumping on a skreddy list and the KOT list but haven't bothered once i've exhausted all other options then i might consider it...

• Members

I hate the lists, much prefer strymons batch first come first serve style. i think if a producer has enough interest to have a waiting list past a month then they need to step up their game and hire someone to help out. Some of the wait lists like the echoczar are a complete joke...

This.

I think some of the wait lists are just hilarious. One and a half year for a KOT? 2 years for an Openhaus? Come on! The Chinese build whole towns in half of that time!

• Members

I've often thought about getting on the KOT waiting list.....but just never really got around to it. I think that anything that's built up that much is probably bound to disappoint. There's a certain amount of prestige in saying that you have a KOT, though....and it's definetely the sign of a more discerning player and everything, I just sorta think it's like waiting for the wife that you want to have, when the one that's more suited for you is probably right in front of you.

• Members

I have no problem with the wait lists. I got on the KoT and BiComp wait list, waited about 1.5 years, and when my name came up I decided to buy them. I'm usually not that anxious to get a pedal right away so the wait doesnt bother me. There are lots of other things to distract me while I wait.

I think I am on the wait list for an echoczar. I honestly can't remember if I ever got on the list as its been so long since I've thought about it haha. I don't think I want that pedal (I have a DMM that a friend gave me) but if my name came up I'd buy it and probably flip it after trying it out.

I also waited around 3 months for a skreddy lunar module. Only had to pay half the price up front so it wasn't too bad, but I much prefer the wait then pay deals. I have the pedal and its definitely awesome.

I also think I am on the KR Megavibe wait list. I think I've been on that for 3-4 years haha. Perhaps I emailed him 3 years ago and was never actually added to the list lol.

• Members

Make them yourself. There is a website on which a lot of boutique pedals are reverse engineered. Buy the compontents, make sure it sounds right, and if not tweak to your liking. You can do that in a month and it's cheaper than paying boutique prices for a name and paint job.

I'm with this dude, build it or get somebody to build it. There are plenty of small/hobbyist builders right here that do great work.

• Members

i waited almost 2 yrs for a kot and 8 months for a timmy. no money up front so no big deal. didn't keep either. neither blew me away enough to replace what i had been using in the meantime. i'm a creature of habit.

also waited about 4 months for a skreddy echo and screwdriver deluxe. don't have those anymore either lol. although the echo is definately worth it, i personally couldn't afford to have more than 2 $300 delays laying around. i kinda regret selling it tho.

pedals with wait lists does not = better. if you're not paying up front tho it's really no skin off your back to sign up and wait

• Members

I waited forever to receive my Custom EGC guitar. That was worth the wait as they are built to order... I have not ever found myself on a list for pedals. Most of the pedals with lists don't interest me so their wait list isn't a factor.

That said, if Tape was to decide to manufacture his creations I would put myself on his lists.

Archived