a couple of my old songs

echodeluxe

• Members

I dig it. Yours, Someday is very Brand New. Nice toans. What gear/recording set-up did you use? The recording quality is ace.

Molecules sounds quite Kinsella-esque too. Kinda like a less techy American Football.

yeah im a little ashamed that i wore my influences on my sleeve like that, but im at peace with the results.

im surprised you like the quality, because its pretty diy.

for both songs, it was either my tele or sheraton into my blues jr. fulldrive for drive, of course. amp reverb. the blues jr has my favorite amp reverb. so drippy. at the end of molecules where its just a big wall of distortion, its some cranked blues jr tracks and a couple tracks of a cranked to {censored} peavey classic 30. you can tell its the classic 30 cuz the midrange is so prominent.

as far as bass, my roomies pbass into his ampeg svt with a 1x15/4x10 cabinet. everything guitar/bass was mic'd with an audix om2 and a sure sm57.

drums recorded with one mic, some sort of condenser i cant remember.

i really dig the results i get with my recordings even though i use such a crappy method. ill outline it in a thread with pics. its lol worthy.

• Members

I'd be at peace with the results if I were you, too. It sounds good. How'd you get the reverby yelling track to sound so good? Nice work, man.

i recorded the vocals at a dance studio and theres this huge room connected to a smaller room, and i stuck the mic in the doorway between the two, and yelled into the smaller room from the larger room. no post processing reverb added, that track is completely dry effects wise.

Archived