NGD

companyman

• Members

I sold my Epi Firebird, a recent back injury had made it very uncomfortable, heavy and kinda awkward to play. So I picked up a MIK Hamer Eclipse, 2 piece mahogany body(at least I think that is a seam running down the center, but I'm not sure, it could be one piece. One piece mahogany neck, Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers that are really great sounding. It has a Les Paul jr./Dan Armstrong shape thing going on that I love, very austere and Modern, I love it. I got a great guitar and some cash left over too, great because I need it. That is my Gibson Goldtone in the background of the first pic. HNGD!

122.jpg

120.jpg

118.jpg

• Members

Thanks! Yeah, austerity is my style for sure. The Firebird I was playing was a bit ostentatious, very cool, but not really me. I totally dig the lack of pickguard, clean design. I have been gassing for a Dan Armstrong for so long, this kind of satisfies that gas, it reminds me of the London Guitars Dan Armstrong designed in the '70's, minus the sliding pickup sytem of course....I think I want to change the knobs on it, the ones it came with are sort of "heavy metal" looking to me. Maybe I will get some Ampeg style knobs that come on the Dam Armstrongs, or maybe some Gibson witch hat knobs.....

Archived