Post Your Rig (Spring Edition)

Strat87

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right now it's one of these (I bring one SG and one of the Edwards 335's to the shows...which color depends on which shoes I'm wearing to the gig)...

SGs.jpg

conv0016.jpg

conv0012.jpg

...into this (regardless of which shoes I'm wearing)...

photo-2-2.jpg

...into these in stereo for medium to large venues...

photo.jpg

photo-6-2.jpg

...and into a pair of these for small clubs...

photo-5-1.jpg

• Members

Mostly this.

Partscaster MIJ body, Robert Cray sig neck, Duncan Antiquity pickups.

Partscaster MIM body I Reranched, Warmoth Pro neck I finished with Tru Oil, Fender CS54 pickups

Dr Z Carmen Ghia, Wampler Ecstacy, Neunaber Wet Reverb, Cool Cat tremolo, Polytune.

DSC_7780a1.jpg

DSC_6232a1.jpg

DSC_7812a1.jpg

• Members

NICE rig dude

Mostly this.

Partscaster MIM body I Reranched, Warmoth Pro neck I finished with Tru Oil, Fender CS54 pickups

Dr Z Carmen Ghia, Wampler Ecstacy, Neunaber Wet Reverb, Cool Cat tremolo, Polytune.

DSC_7780a1.jpg

DSC_6232a1.jpg

DSC_7812a1.jpg

• Members

Mostly this.

DSC_7780a1.jpg

DSC_6232a1.jpg

DSC_7812a1.jpg

I could spend the rest of my life with one of these two rigs and be a happy man!

Please talk to me about the Wampler Ecstacy! It seems like a great pedal from what I've heard.

• Members

LOVE the Ecstacy! I'm not really a high gain guy. Mostly play slightly broken up Vox tones, but I've always liked the low gain but long sustain kinda Dumble/Mesa Mk II vibe long before it was fashionable to like that sound. A few years ago, I played a Fuchs ODS while on vacation and I was completely blown away. I wouldn't say the Wampler nails that tone, but it sounds pretty damn similar all the way around. Even with just 95% clean tones, clicking the pedal on adds so much dimension, it's amazing. I thought the Carmen Ghia sounded great clean before I got the Wampler but now... man. It sounds SO good with the Wampler turned on, that the Dr Z sounds pretty dull and lifeless without it.. in comparison anyway.

And it has such a range of tones... I pretty much live on the 'Smooth' setting with the gain below 9:00 and a pretty beefy EQ dialed up. The 'Open' setting allows the most overall gain to my ears, but the Crunch has a harder edge to it. It's absolutely an amazing pedal. Before I got it, I was pretty set on getting a Zendrive and I may still end up getting one and leaving one on all the time, then using the other one for actual gain. Either way, I love it and can recommend it without reservation.

• Members

Right now it's one of these (I bring one SG and one of the Edwards 335's to the shows...which color depends on which shoes I'm wearing to the gig)...

SGs.jpg

conv0016.jpg

conv0012.jpg

...into this (regardless of which shoes I'm wearing)...

photo-2-2.jpg

...into these in stereo for medium to large venues...

photo.jpg

photo-6-2.jpg

...and into a pair of these for small clubs...

photo-5-1.jpg

019_fry-drool.gif

I'm not a huge fan of bigbsy's on sg's (even though Mick Taylor rocked one in the stones) but {censored} me running those edward's 335s are hawt.

• Members

DSC_6232a1.jpg

Is that just vintage tinted lacquer on the pickguard to give it that aged look? I must know more. :love:

I'm not much of a Strat guy, but that one is great. (Also happens to be the same colour combo as my Jazzmaster :D)

• Members

Is that just vintage tinted lacquer on the pickguard to give it that aged look? I must know more.
:love:

I'm not much of a Strat guy, but that one is great. (Also happens to be the same colour combo as my Jazzmaster
:D
)

Yeah, I ordered a couple cans of the Reranch Vintage Amber Tinted Clear and I shot it in uneven layers on the pickguard to try to make it look aged. It doesn't really look any older in person, but it looks better and looks great in the pics, I think. It was a Custom Shop pickguard to begin with. I tried the same thing on a GFS mint green pickguard and it literally didn't look any different afterwards... maybe 0.5 shades different.

This pic shows the different pickguards.

Left is GFS pickguard on a Fiesta red strat, on the right is the Fender pickguard with one shot of nitro (I ended up doing three coats) and the first coat of nitro on the Reranch Coral body. For comparison, the knobs on the tinted pickguard are mint green off the same guitar the pickguard came from. I ended up shooting the knobs as well a few days later, but in this pic, the guard and PU covers have one coat of tinted nitro and the knobs don't.

Hell, the GFS pickguard basically looks white. :lol:

DSC_5244a1cc.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I ordered a couple cans of the Reranch Vintage Amber Tinted Clear and I shot it in uneven layers on the pickguard to try to make it look aged. It doesn't really look any older in person, but it looks better and looks great in the pics, I think. It was a Custom Shop pickguard to begin with. I tried the same thing on a GFS mint green pickguard and it literally didn't look any different afterwards... maybe 0.5 shades different.

This pic shows the different pickguards.

Left is GFS pickguard on a Fiesta red strat, on the right is the Fender pickguard with one shot of nitro (I ended up doing three coats) and the first coat of nitro on the Reranch Coral body. For comparison, the knobs on the tinted pickguard are mint green off the same guitar the pickguard came from. I ended up shooting the knobs as well a few days later, but in this pic, the guard and PU covers have one coat of tinted nitro and the knobs don't.

Hell, the GFS pickguard basically looks white.
:lol:

Cool. It does look great in the pics. :thu:

Archived