Post Your Rig (Spring Edition)

Strat87

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been loving life ever since I got the AC30. Everything just sounds {censored}ing magical. The Green Rhino is the latest addition and it kills, and slamming it with the Rat is PURE BONAR MATERIAL. Guitars are cheapies, but they sound great, and I love the necks on both of 'em. Apart from getting a Classic Vibe Tele at some point, there's really nothing I'm looking to add.

IMAG0226.jpg

• Members
I've been loving life ever since I got the AC30. Everything just sounds {censored}ing magical. The Green Rhino is the latest addition and it kills, and slamming it with the Rat is PURE BONAR MATERIAL. Guitars are cheapies, but they sound great, and I love the necks on both of 'em. Apart from getting a Classic Vibe Tele at some point, there's really nothing I'm looking to add.

IMAG0226.jpg

tell me about your guitars :thu:

• Members

tell me about your guitars
:thu:

The SG is one of their worn specials form the early 00's, with the silly little moon inlays on the ebony fretboard. When I sold one of my old Music Man amps, the dude was 150 bucks short of my asking price, so he said he'd throw in the SG. I immediately agreed. I put DiMarzio Virtual Pafs in it and push-pull pots for series and parallel. It's {censored}ing beautiful.

The Strat is a MIM late 90's, I think. A friend of mine said he had decided he'd never play guitar and straight out gave it to me. I love the neck, love the stock pickups, everything. It has a coil-tap for the bridge humbucker and one of those TBX tone controls, so it go from super-bassy to basically being out of the circuit, which is how I use it most of the time. It's definitely the biggest sounding Strat I've ever played, and it absolutely kills the American Deluxe I used to have.

• Members

Looks like you have a nice spread of land out there... from whence do you come? Beautiful ultra-tasty collection of gear my man.

What kinda guitar is that Trans Black Les Paul dealio?

Its a custom singlecut. Slab body, nice contoured back, neck is bolt on and at a straight angle, so it feels more like a strat when playing.

• Members

Its a custom singlecut. Slab body, nice contoured back, neck is bolt on and at a straight angle, so it feels more like a strat when playing.

Wait a second, you're from Canada and used to post on here, did you not? Your gear looks awfully familiar.

• Members
I would love to see the front of that other tele...

Yeah, thats a partscaster that is not quite finished yet, but I went ahead and threw it in the pic anyway. It just needs pickups and wiring. Hopefully its finished by the weekend. But here are a couple teasers for you:

Full2.jpg
Body.jpg
Neck4.jpg

• Members

That's going to be a really sexy Tele when all is said and done. What kind of pickups are you going to put in there?

I havent decided yet...suggestions?

If I dont pick up anything by the weekend I might just throw in a set from a G&L (smaller, standard sized mfds) or some other randoms I have laying around for now. I was also considering pulling the pickups out of the roadworn sunburst tele on the right. I actually like these pickups and I dont play this guitar all that much anymore...I don't really like the jumbo frets on it anymore...

• Members

IMAG0226.jpg

I like this setup a lot, really nice.

• Members

I just got the Gemini II and I luvs it. Sitting next to it is its cousin by marriage, the Reverberocket reissue.

The guitars are a 1964 Harmony H78 and a 1993 Hamer Studio.

5591107684_22eb34e3b2.jpg

Not pictured are a 90's Danelectro DC3 and Schecter C1 Limited.

• Members

Wait a second, you're from Canada and used to post on here, did you not? Your gear looks awfully familiar.

yeah I used to post under alchemist

but I have posted under -TJ- on guitars canada for years

• Members

That Gemini is huge; I love it! And is that a Triple Wreck; if so how's it play with the Ampegs?

Sweet rig. :love:

I just got the Gemini II and I luvs it. Sitting next to it is its cousin by marriage, the Reverberocket reissue.

The guitars are a 1964 Harmony H78 and a 1993 Hamer Studio.

5591107684_22eb34e3b2.jpg

Not pictured are a 90's Danelectro DC3 and Schecter C1 Limited.

Archived