anyone rehoused a NYC big muff? can it really get much smaller?

hangwire

• Members

IMG_1360.jpg

Worst rehouse ever but that's as small as it can possibly get.

Yeah. It looks like yours is BB sized too. The circuit board goes all the way across the widest dimension (height in my case), and you just have to sit everything perfectly or it won't shut. I had to mount the PCB to the bottom of the enclosure so there was even room to get the footswitch in. I'm never doing something like that again. Haha.

• Members

so what would be the next size up from that one rhcp?

Hmm. I dunno. Like we both said, you can make one that size work, but it really is a pain in the ass. This looks to be a few inches bigger which might just be enough wiggle room to make it easier, but you're only saving like an inch or two in each direction over the full size enclosure at that point.

• Members

It would probably be easier to build a byoc muff kit.

They're MXR size iirc

Yeah. The pedal in the bottom right of the picture I posted is a BYOC Muff. As you mentioned in your other post though, building two pedals into one enclosure can be a lot of fun. On the DIY note, I ended up putting a Triangle Muff in the same enclosure as a Fuzz Face with BC108c transistors, and I get way more use out of that than I ever do with my rehoused NYC Muff. Just a suggestion. :idk:

• Members

I should have added that it is a mod'd muff I already own- don't need suggestions

As far as rhcp's post- that was my concern... If I can only get it 1" smaller, there is really no point.

Yeah. Again, don't get me wrong. It can definitely be done, but it just won't be a fun evening while you're doing it. Once I got mine situated though, it's packed in so tightly I don't think there is a chance anything could ever move inside there. :lol:

• Members

Yeah. Again, don't get me wrong. It can definitely be done, but it just won't be a fun evening while you're doing it. Once I got mine situated though, it's packed in so tightly I don't think there is a chance anything could ever move inside there.
:lol:

I'll give you $15 and a cream soda to do it for me... don't break it :mad:

• Members

You can go smaller, I fit an original NYC Muff in a 125B (Musket-size) enclosure with all the original parts. Had to cut off 5mm edges from the pcb but everything fits in. I even added a tone bypass switch and noise gate trimmer. No pics right now since it was not my muff.

It is doable.

Archived