Wahs Wahs Wahs...too many choices?

stratrulz

• Members

There's just too much gear these days to choose from. I guess it's a blessing and a curse. I've owned a number of wahs in my life, Vox (chrome), Crybaby, two Teese Picture Wahs (grey ones) and now have a modded Crybaby again (whipple mod/etc.). I was looking over the choices since I'm in the market for a new wah and a Fuzz Face (clone or ??) and want one with the fuzz buffer. I keep reading, looking at videos and I just can't figure out which one to get? I found a good deal on a Teese Picture wah (2010 blue version, with fuzz friendly technology) but then I read great stuff about Wilson, Area 51, and Keeler (and a few others). I'm stumped, I haven't tried the others, I don't even know if the Teese is the same (I read they changed and aren't as good??). I can get the Teese shipped for under $200 and the others are at least $50-100 more. Any help/advice? I mainly play noise aka my version of blues and alternative. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I found a new Teese for $185 at the Stop-ground but I think I'm leaning towards an area 51. Unfortunately they haven't responded to any of my emails? Still have my modded crybaby but I'm really gas'n for another wah. Last email I sent to Area was if they had any B-stocks, that was over a month ago, still no reply...I guess they don't?

• Members

Man, you guys are killin me, I can't decide as is and you keep throwing more puddn' in the mix!? It's like I'm trying to find some great cheeseburger with bacon and you guys tell me about some deep dish pizza with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I'm talking brie time baby and you guys are talking gorgonzola! :)

• Members
I've owned a number of wahs in my life, Vox (chrome), Crybaby,
two Teese Picture Wahs (grey ones)
and now have a modded Crybaby again (whipple mod/etc.)

I just picked up an old Pic Wah without the fuzz-friendly circuit and it's definitely a contender for my favorite yet. I'm also a big fan of the RMC2 and Wilson Rippah Q, so if you liked the Pic Wah back when you had it you might check those two out as well.

• Members

There's just too much gear these days to choose from. I guess it's a blessing and a curse. I've owned a number of wahs in my life, Vox (chrome), Crybaby, two Teese Picture Wahs (grey ones) and now have a modded Crybaby again (whipple mod/etc.). I was looking over the choices since I'm in the market for a new wah and a Fuzz Face (clone or ??) and want one with the fuzz buffer. I keep reading, looking at videos and I just can't figure out which one to get? I found a good deal on a Teese Picture wah (2010 blue version, with fuzz friendly technology) but then I read great stuff about Wilson, Area 51, and Keeler (and a few others). I'm stumped, I haven't tried the others, I don't even know if the Teese is the same (I read they changed and aren't as good??). I can get the Teese shipped for under $200 and the others are at least $50-100 more. Any help/advice? I mainly play noise aka my version of blues and alternative.
:confused:

I used to swear by the Teese RMC-3. Right now I've got a couple of Budda Bud-wahs, a CAE wah, a Fulltone Clyde Standard and a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. I'm really digging the Clyde Standard these days. I'm using it in this video...it's just an iPhone capture, but it should give you some idea of what it sounds like (you can select the HD version...it may sound better)...

[video=youtube;cebHWgF50UI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebHWgF50UI

• Members

I'm just about ready to make the jump and get a Wilson wah. I decided on the Rippah Booster Wahs thanks to Kevin's suggestions. After I wrote to several of the wah companies, Kevin was the only one that responded. IMHO, easier to talk with than G. Teese. He answered all my questions and seemed like a pretty cool guy. Now I just need to figure out if I want to go with vintage specs on it or not? I know the mojo factor would be higher and I'd probably wonder "what if" if I don't get it?

• Members

at first I thought u where trollin

then I remembered you have one of those kirk hammett esp les pauls and then i luled

smiley-300x300.png

haha funniest post. I can't imagine the kh wah sounding bad? i know he uses some rack mount thing, but he used to endorsed the crybaby classic and thats a decent/well priced wah. wonder if this is similar. the graphic is kinda cool too. lame but cool.

Archived