Wahs Wahs Wahs...too many choices?

stratrulz

• Members

Well, put the order in for the 12 position vintage spec. Rippah Booster Wah. Hope this thing kilz it! Funny thing, my modded whipple wah is sounding better and better everyday!? It's like it woke up and realized it might get replaced or something?

• Members

get a used crybaby or vox wah, swap out the inductor for a whipple, true bypass it, adjust the gear throw to taste and be done with it. i built a modified wah dual inductor with every bell and whistle you could think of. with all that the only setting that ever really got much use was what would be a stock crybaby - vox. hold on to that whipple wah in case you come to the same realization.

• Members

get a used crybaby or vox wah, swap out the inductor for a whipple, true bypass it, adjust the gear throw to taste and be done with it. i built a modified wah dual inductor with every bell and whistle you could think of. with all that the only setting that ever really got much use was what would be a stock crybaby - vox. hold on to that whipple wah in case you come to the same realization.

I did the true bypass, resistor changes, whipple change and 100k pot change. I plan to keep my wah and continue to mess with it as well. I got the Wilson to see how it compares and to have one that I know was done right. So did you do the Fuzz central "output buffer" as well?

• Members

That's what I did, and yes I'm going to keep my wah and continue to mess with it. I got the Wilson to see how it compares and to have one that I know was done right. Did you do the Fuzz central "output buffer"?

on that one i added input & output buffers but for some reason i don't remember exactly i didn't like either and bypassed them. that thing had everything on it, stupidly so (too many knobs and switches for a pedal i would use live). it was fun but in the end all i ever used was what would be a stock wah setting.

• Members

on that one i added input & output buffers but for some reason i don't remember exactly i didn't like either and bypassed them. that thing had everything on it, stupidly so (too many knobs and switches for a pedal i would use live). it was fun but in the end all i ever used was what would be a stock wah setting.

I'm sure you would have wondered had you not done all that work? I know I'm like that, I don't usually mess with stuff after the fact, but if I get something that's missing this "new" thing, I'll be wondering how "that thing" may have been, if it were better (and often not). I was going to do the dual inductor thing as well but I'm waiting for GGG to get his new PCB in. I've been waiting for awhile? I'm not really sure what two inductors I'd use either, Small Bear has some interesting inductors as well. Stack of dimes, soul inductor, etc.?

• Members

Here's another (albeit late) +1 for the CAE wah. Works great, and has a boost built in. I also own one of the BBE, but haven't used it much. The other wah of choice in my arsenal is the Cantrell. Will have to wait until NPD tomorrow to see how fuzz friendly it is.

• Members

Here's another (albeit late) +1 for the CAE wah. Works great, and has a boost built in. I also own one of the BBE, but haven't used it much. The other wah of choice in my arsenal is the Cantrell. Will have to wait until NPD tomorrow to see how fuzz friendly it is.

What kind of fuzz do you have? That's my next acquisition, if I can't get my GGG fuzz face working?

I just have a run of the mill Crybaby. I should probably get a better wah one of these days, but I just have not gotten around to it. I was GASing for a Colorsound for quite a while, but I realized I'd miss the classic Vox / Crybaby type sounds if I only had a Macari... I'd love ONE wah that did "all of the above", but that's a pipe dream methinks...

• Members

I just have a run of the mill Crybaby. I should probably get a better wah one of these days, but I just have not gotten around to it. I was GASing for a Colorsound for quite a while, but I realized I'd miss the classic Vox / Crybaby type sounds if I only had a Macari... I'd love ONE wah that did "all of the above", but that's a pipe dream methinks...

Yep. Same here.

I should really get a decent wah some day, but every 6 months i do an overdub then back into the case it goes.

I also have a Snarling Dogs Ring Mod that doubles as a wah,,kind of noisy. What a crazy pedal that thing is.

• Members

You could get a Teese WHEELS OF FIRE wah, basically a macari wah. I also think the wah I got, the Wilson 12 position vintage spec Rippah Booster Wah, is based off the macari wah? Hopefully it'll cover some serious wah ground. If anyone's after a Teese wah, the best price I found was at the http://www.stompin-ground.com/products/rmc.htm. I was going to get a Pic wah from them, it was cheaper than buying used on FleaBay, plus free ship, no tax and I comes with some funky bonus set up kit.

Wacka Wacka

• Members

You could get a Teese WHEELS OF FIRE wah, basically a macari wah. I also think the wah I got, the Wilson Tunable Colorful Clone, is based off the macari wah? Hopefully it'll cover some serious wah ground. If anyone's after a Teese wah, the best price I found was at the
. I was going to get a Pic wah from them, it was cheaper than buying used on FleaBay, plus free ship, no tax and I comes with some funky bonus set up kit.

Wacka Wacka

Fix'd

• Members

what amp(s) are making that gorgeous tone come out of your SG!?

and what was your backline at home consistent of again? Not /13 right?

For this band it's a PTP wired Fender tweed Bassman and a Marshall Bluesbreaker combo in stereo. For dirt I'm using an Xotic BB preamp...the knife-fingered glove doesn't hurt either. :D

• Members

Im gonna guess this thread will attract Wah users extrordinare...can anyone give me any tips about getting that bluesy cocked wah sound through a little marshall class five? I will be using a 50s style tele and strat. I own the old hendrix wah by dunlop I believe.

Can I get that tone with what I have.

• Members

Im gonna guess this thread will attract Wah users extrordinare...can anyone give me any tips about getting that bluesy cocked wah sound through a little marshall class five? I will be using a 50s style tele and strat. I own the old hendrix wah by dunlop I believe.

Can I get that tone with what I have.

What exactly is a "bluesy cocked wah" sound? Jimi Pagish?

Archived