isaac brock's house and studio

fadedjoy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where should one start with them?

I'd say Lonesome Crowded West or The Moon and Antarctica. I'd say LCW is a really solid and awesome album throughout but TMAA has some awesome songs that really stand out as a whole for the band.

• Members

There ARE some solid tracks on Good News, while it is a definite change. I personally love Lonesome Crowded West and Moon more than anything but the sea shanty {censored} is still better than the lispy jingle {censored} from the beginning...

• Members

I guess I'm one of the few here that really love just about everything they've done. From the very early stuff to the last EP that came out, I REALLY dig it all. Though the host of the show and some of the scenery seems a bit cliche Portland stuff, I think he's got a killer place there. I certainly appreciate the fact that he's made an effort to put out music that he likes and have a killer house with a killer gear selection and he keeps putting out great music. Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands ever, definitely one of the best bands around IMHO.

my thoughts exactly. gonna get a mod mo tat soon too.

• Members

this mother{censored}er built a shed outside of his mother's trailer when he was 12 and lived in it for 8 years, let him have his pretentious hipster house. who gives a {censored}? fans are always so insolent after a band starts making money. money changed this, money changed that, bull{censored}. it's not like he got a songwriter and a rookery of studio musicians to churn out music to call his own, he just changed his writing style. whether or not he changed it to purposefully appeal to a larger audience is nobody's business but his, though i think he shouldn't get flak for wanting to be successful. i think after you spend as many years as he has busting your ass and releasing solid work you can do as many selfish things as you want artistically. his music is his music alone.

/fanboyrant

• Members

I'd personally start with Good News, then do Moon and Antartica.

Good News? hell nah. It's a pretty good album, but it's nowhere near their best work

as far as him being pretentious/hipster/whatever, I think how he's acting in that video is just how he is. There's an unfinished documentary someone was making around Lonesome Crowded West. He has always been a weird dude. He supposedly walked up to a bunch of dudes in suits and yelled "I'm a dragonfly." There's a part where he goes up to this lady walking her dog and starts this awkward conversation about greyhounds.

I guess watch it now if you want to watch it because apparently google video is deleting their videos in a week...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1254674779658495321#

• Members

as far as him being pretentious/hipster/whatever, I think how he's acting in that video is just how he is. There's an unfinished documentary someone was making around Lonesome Crowded West. He has always been a weird dude. He supposedly walked up to a bunch of dudes in suits and yelled "I'm a dragonfly." There's a part where he goes up to this lady walking her dog and starts this awkward conversation about greyhounds.

So edgy.

Archived