OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Members
You has a good point meeeester! I can't totally dog folks who want to vote for the O. If someone put a gun to my head and told me to choose between the two I'd vote for him.

You know JFK was on the take as well. No angel by any means. He even got in the White House with trickery and corruption at the polls, but in the end his masters lost control of him. He started doing "crazy things" like
pissing off the bankers
and
speaking openly about secret societies
pulling the strings. I'd venture to guess that's why they snuffed him.

Perhaps we can hope the Ob will go ROGUE!!

He's not talking about secret societies - he's talking about communists. JFK was a war mongering middle of the road democrat with charisma. Nothing more.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
For Gods sake man - our democracy means nothing if you don't vote. At least do what Sizzlemeister is doing and write in Droolmaster.

After 8 years , and in 2004 seeing 54 million Americans saying " let the stupid bastard finish the job " I think its ok not to vote if you are completely disgusted

It sure beats seeing racist +60 year old " Americans " vote for McCain because they despise the idea on an intelligent African American as President

• Members

McCain = Evil, Obama =Evil, Barr, Evil, Biden = Evil, Nader = Evil, Palin = Stupid. The closest to what I can stomach is Chuck Baldwin, and I could not vote for him based on his stance on immigration among other things.

I am thinking of voting for myself. And praying for a buss crash that involved Obama and McCain. Praise Jesus, government is evil.

• Members
McCain = Evil, Obama =Evil, Barr, Evil, Biden = Evil, Nader = Evil, Palin = Stupid. The closest to what I can stomach is Chuck Baldwin, and I could not vote for him based on his stance on immigration among other things.

I am thinking of voting for myself. And praying for a buss crash that involved Obama and McCain. Praise Jesus, government is evil.

Nader evil.

• Members
After 8 years , and in 2004 seeing 54 million Americans saying " let the stupid bastard finish the job " I think its ok not to vote if you are completely disgusted

It sure beats seeing racist +60 year old " Americans " vote for McCain because they despise the idea on an intelligent African American as President

I was joking. Suggesting that Droolmaster be written in is my people's version of a smiley.

Mathematically, it is better not to vote, than to vote for McCain. I don't have a romantic view of voting as participating in our great democracy - that's a laugh. You have to be logical about it - I think that one's obligation as a citizen is to think about the alternatives - major candidates/3rd party candidates/not voting at all in place of a 'none of the above' explicit choice, and then make an informed decision.

• Members
I was joking. Suggesting that Droolmaster be written in is my people's version of a smiley.

Mathematically, it is better not to vote, than to vote for McCain. I don't have a romantic view of voting as participating in our great democracy - that's a laugh. You have to be logical about it - I think that one's obligation as a citizen is to think about the alternatives - major candidates/3rd party candidates/not voting at all in place of a 'none of the above' explicit choice, and then make an informed decision.

I know you were j/k about yourself as a write -in

We are in agreement
:thu:

• Members

I'm voting for Obama and also voted for him in the primary (I'm basically an independent).

Largely, we need someone who can repair America's national image. I also am generally in favor of his platform in general, especially some of his earlier positions (which aren't the hot-button topics you get in debates) about open government.

McCain also seems to care absolutely nothing about the current economic situation -- worse still, I fear he will plunge us into a greater state of war (Iran, at least) in a time where we need to be instead looking for ways to make peace with the rest of the world. He won't be repairing Bush's damage, he'll be worsening it. The thought of Palin as president (a creationist!) scares me greatly, much more so than that of McCain, and allowing that change is far too great of a risk.

We have a chance to elect someone the rest of the world won't hate, and that's a wonderful thing. I haven't been this excited about a presidential candidate before, usually it's been one has been marginally better.

In this case, Obama is someone I actually WANT to be president.

• Members

Largely, we need someone who can repair America's national image.

We have a chance to elect someone the rest of the world won't hate, and that's a wonderful thing. I haven't been this excited about a presidential candidate before, usually it's been one has been marginally better.

What does it matter what other countries think of our President? Do you like Putin? Do you like Chavez? What about Mubarak, Peres, Halonen, or Zapatero? What do those folks matter to you? Do think one day you will have tea with them?

• Members
What does it matter what other countries think of our President? Do you like Putin? Do you like Chavez? What about Mubarak, Peres, Halonen, or Zapatero? What do those folks matter to you? Do think one day you will have tea with them?

Chavez is cool. Smell the sulphur, Sizzlemeister....

• Members

The others don't even pretend to be the good/nice guys ;).

• Members

Exactly - I'll put money on 90% of the voting public having no real idea what their candidate is about. They only know what they see on TV or the internet. I don't mind Obama. I thought McCain had a lot of good ideas until he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate.

No matter who it is though, the progression of greed, no accountability & irresponsibility that seethes through our culture like a disease will continue unabated.

I'd rather spend my time writing music or focusing on ways to improve my personal finances, then heading down to the voting booth to cast a ballot for some cookie cutter politician who wont make a damn bit of difference to the real problems this country faces.

• Members

The level of cynicism in this thread is astounding ...

I can certainly understand it ... and probably share more of it than I'd rather admit ... But to wear it like some fashionable broach or practice it like a religion is just ... well, disheartening to say the least ...

Congratulations on your disengagement ... !!!