So I've been picking up pedals by this guy in California for a minute...

Guest Guest

Here's most of them. I have a CogDis mkII loaned out to a buddy but hopefully she gets home soon.

DSC00319.jpg

I am...pretty sure I've owned at least three of those.

CORRECTION: Only one. :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Brian, while you're here, how would YOU describe the sounds of the Pink Flesh and Pink Flesh MKII?

Dave's description is prety good. The mkII is tighter and more focused. Better for teh riffs. The OG Pink Flesh is a bit looser and has a slightly "browner" tone to it. They are both fantastic in their own way.

• Members

ummm ok... what is a dual looper? I think i want a dlx screwdriver? whats it a clone of? whats the supa tone a clone of? i think i have lunar module gas since the beginning of time. But im no longer working years of overtime of having maybe two days off a month. :idk:

• Members

Interesting, thanks for the notes.

Love Big Muffs and variants, but I've never gotten a chance to play any of Skreddys takes on the circuit. The Supatone has had my interest for a while now.

The Mayonaise and Mayonaise MKII are very close. The original is just a bit fatter and softer. The Cog Dis is pretty much exactly like the Mayonaise. Mayo is much bassier and thicker. Significantly looser in the low end. The Cog Dis MKII is real different. Lower gain and clearer. Its also a bit darker.

ummm ok... what is a dual looper? I think i want a dlx screwdriver? whats it a clone of? whats the supa tone a clone of? i think i have lunar module gas since the beginning of time. But im no longer working years of overtime of having maybe two days off a month.
:idk:

The dual looper is, I suspect, a dual true-bypass loop pedal. By inserting it in the loop, you can use it to true-bypass a pedal that has a buffer (Boss, Ibanez, etc.) or you can use it to turn several pedals on / off with one button press.

The Screw Driver is more of an overdrive than a fuzz, although you can get some modest fuzzy type tones out of it. It's not a "clone" of anything; it's its own thing. :) I really like it a lot. I use mine mostly for the Mike Campbell / Tom Petty type light overdrive tones, but depending on how you set it, you can get a lot heavier stuff out of it too. In addition to the three main knobs on the standard Screw Driver, there are two trim pots, accessible through holes on the side of the case - one for pre-gain and one for brilliance. The Deluxe version puts them on "large" knobs and on the top panel of a larger case, but is otherwise the same pedal. Yes, you can get some Zep tones out of it, and some Stones, Byrds and Floyd... it's actually an exceptionally versatile pedal.

• Members

OK, give me all their federal funding then. I already drive 3 hours a day to work at a nonprofit so I do my part in spades, thank you.
:lol:

It's called "Faldoe and Friends" they receive no federal funding.

Cool, what's the NP you work for?

Archived