OT - Working more than 1 job folks...

Kid_A

• Members

I guess I should start by saying im very grateful to have the one at the moment...

But {censored} man, in London, the cost of living has risen so much I just cannot afford to get through to the end of the month, and its been like that for a while... im in the depths of my overdraft, sold my amp to try and fix that but back in it again and had to slap down

• Members
Is living in that London so important that you'd trade your leisure time and sleep to keep living in a {censored}ing cupboard there?
:idk:

Just saying...

It is when my band, friends, family, life is all here... :idk:

• Members

Times are tough, man. The cost of living in Manchester is way lower than London, but then so are the wages they pay here too. Everything's gotten expensive as {censored} in the last 12 months or so. I don't work 2 jobs because I earn commission on my main job, but if I had to live on my basic wage I'd struggle to make ends meet for sure.

• Members

The most simple solution would be to cut expenditures, I guess. Take a good look at what you spend your money on and decide if you really need it or not. Stuff like cigarettes, booze, where and what you eat, unnecessary music gear would be the most obvious. You really shouldn't need two jobs to just get by.

• Members

I recently started teaching online classes in addition to my job as a therapist. I did it mostly to put it on my resume in case I want to start teaching instead of this whole therapy thing. The extra money will allow the wife and I to save a little bit more each month and have some cash to spend on things we want. Overall it seems to be a great decision - we don't have kids, so why not generate as much income as we can right now.

• Members

Is living in that London so important that you'd trade your leisure time and sleep to keep living in a {censored}ing cupboard there?
:idk:

Just saying...

Wouldn't live anywhere else. Luckily I make enough to get by and have some left over.

Is this you Daz?

call-centre.jpg

• Members

This is me...

the_it_crowd_roy.jpg

I dont think many people realise the costs of living in London? I complain, but im complaining moreso about inflation and not earning anymore due to pay freezes everywhere... I wouldnt change it for anywhere... I lie... Maybe NYC, another expensive city to moan about :)

• Members

A short term bar job might be a decent idea if you put all the cash into clearing the overdraft. I cant remember what minimum wage is, say 7 quid and 10 hours a week would give you about 50 after tax and NI plus some tips on top you could bank a grand in 3-4 months

• Members

It's all about money management for me. I do work full-time, and I am a freelance artist/designer. It's time consuming, but I have fun with it. I am a hermit during the week, where I get all my {censored} done, and spend zero extra money. Weekends are play-time for me.

• Members

I used to work 2 jobs and go to school and it sucked. I would work 40 hours at the main job and ~15 as a barback an it sucked. I had no time to myself or my girlfriend. Luckily I don't have to do that anymore.

I know a girl that buys socks, wears them, and sells them unwashed on eBay to guys that have weird fetishes.

I've entertained making some type of jewelery and selling it on etsy. Do you guys have a site like that across the pond?

Archived