My wife is listening to Tori Amos...

El Parto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Tori Amos. I haven't listened to a ton of her stuff. But I think Boys for Pele is an excellent album. The rest of her stuff is sort of hit or miss with me, but the "hits" sound really good. And the "misses" are at least tolerable. I don't think I'd want to listen to a 2-3 albums in a row of her stuff, but in small doses I think she's quite good.

• Members

Thanks for reminding me of my first serious GF. We were both in Modern Dance class, she was a Brit, and looked a helluva lot like Kate Bush.

We did that {censored} in the video, daily...or every day we saw each other. And she made KateBush/ToriAmos sounds in bed.

So yeah, thanks for the memories.

• Members

I think he means Tori Amos is no Kate Bush. I agree there, but there's tons of singers influenced by Kate Bush. There would be no Tori Amos without Kate Bush, that's for sure.

Tori Amos was pretty good for a couple albums, after that... meh.

• Members

I think he means Tori Amos is no Kate Bush. I agree there, but there's tons of singers influenced by Kate Bush. There would be no Tori Amos without Kate Bush, that's for sure.

Tori Amos was pretty good for a couple albums, after that... meh.

That is indeed what I meant - Kate Bush is great! Tori has maybe two/three good albums (Little Earthquakes is great) but my god she produces some {censored}e.

• Members

I used to like her. The early albums have some good stuff, especially Little Earthquakes. I also saw her live a few times and as a musician she is amazing to watch.

... lost interest when she started doing covers albums and got progressively weirder as time went on. I have no idea what she's up to now ... probably for the best.

• Members

there are some really great tori albums..

but it's all downhill now that she's got kids... the last few albums are mom rock

but the 90's albums are pretty edgy and worth listening to purely for lyrical quality and song structures.

Boys for Pele is an astounding album. i'm gonna put it on right now.

i can't stand her live though. fell asleep both times.

Archived