Soundgarden live at Red Rocks Tonight.....

companyman

• Members

I had the chance to go.. A ticket and a ride, and my {censored}ing vacation got cancelled from work. So guess where I am right now? {censored}ing work.. Goddamnit.

the mormons found out you were doing something that isn't family oriented and wholesome for vacation, eh?

• Members

the mormons found out you were doing something that isn't family oriented and wholesome for vacation, eh?

Hehe. Funny but true. What kind of work do you do Hive that they can cancel your vacation? I'd be pissed as hell, unless a lot of money was at stake.

• Members

From what I've seen the band is sounding pretty tight, including Cornell, playing 2+ hour shows with a good mix of the older stuff. And you get to see them with Mars Volta - I'd love to see them. I need to get to Red Rocks some day.

I'm going to the Gorge next week to see Soundgarden with Meat Puppets, Mastodon and QOTSA. I CANNOT {censored}ING WAIT!!!

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

• Members
I try to like Mars Volta, I just don't really dig them much, but maybe I'll be surprised. Hope we don't get rained on, it is monsoon season in the mile high lately...hail and {censored} every day or so.

I really only like their first few albums to be honest, and it sounds like they're playing only new material. So it could suck. :lol:

Hope Soundgarden is good for ya.

• Members

Hehe. Funny but true. What kind of work do you do Hive that they can cancel your vacation? I'd be pissed as hell, unless a lot of money was at stake.

Well, it wasn't technically vacation time. But during the summer is our slow season (I work in a warehouse) and they gave us some time off that was cancelled shortly after it was given to me.

• Members

holy {censored}! If you have a chance to catch these guys on this tour DO IT!!!!! I was literally blown away by the energy, and fantastic sound last night. Chris Cornell is blowing it up, not only is his voice at the top of his game, his guitar playing really surprised me! I guess I never realized just how much of a factor his guitar playing is in the band. Kim Thayil was his laid back cool self, as always, but the two of them were doing some really cool guitar weaving. Thayil played an assortment of Guild s-100's and S-300's (these sounded amazing) into the usual Mesa Dual rec's. Cornell had a parade of Gretches, Les Pauls, 335's and Tele's into 3 Divided by 13's :eek: his tone was incredible. They played every song that I wanted to hear, even Nothing to Say from their first EP on Subpop....great evening!

Mars Volta was pretty good, Omar's guitar sound made me feel like I was at a Rush concert (not a good thing :lol:) Dude had so much chorus on the whole set....eeew. The singer is a huge tool, thinks he is James Brown or something, mehsville....the drummer is a monster though, he plays in really odd meters, the bassist was interesting also, actually the rhythm section is the best part of the band .

Archived