HCFX Myth #2234: Original Bands"

RoboPimp

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It also depends what type of music you play; rock music is definitely harder to win people over with than Soul/RnB/Funk music.

In the rock band i play in, we have some people who love it to bits, and other people who aren't so keen.

With my other band, we seem to get uniformly good reactions, especially if we are in a place where the people want to have a good time.

• Members

You have to ask this after 11,000+ posts?

I guess you have a point.

It's just that things used to be more contentious over at Electric Guitars and Effects used to be a little more cool. Of course there have been times, like all that Devi/SAL stuff, where there was a lot of fighting. Now Electric Guitars seems like there's a lot of old guys talking about tone and FX has a lot of snarky kids posting one liners and inside jokes.

I guess it comes down to who's in attendance.

• Members
Because he is bromandude.

At least he definitely has been in one, i remember he posted a setlist for his band once and it was all covers, like 70 million covers as well.

that an acoustic thing I did for a few shows, just me and my buddy on the doghouse

but I did take all the covers and mash them up into a bluegrass/country style.

and honestly you can learn a lot from learning 70 million covers :)

both bands I'm in now are probably 90% original setlists

• Members
and honestly you can learn a lot from learning 70 million covers
:)

This is true - learning covers to pepper throughout the various all night gigs my band does on occasion definitely helped us get tight as players, and getting into the nitty gritty of other people's songs helps you work out what makes a good song work.

Archived