What happened to mistersuperfly ?

warioblast

• Members

Have you not seen my hair 2.0? No more emo... so sorry friends.

I do miss this place, I honestly just spend less time on the internet now (partly due to 40+ hours a week at work), and to be honest for the past year I haven't really been playing much guitar... I am changing that though, I just burnt myself out hard with my band. In the past month or two I've started playing again and I actually enjoy it, which is nice.

How have you guys been?

• Members

The car is amazing... Took it up to the Dragon's Tail near knoxville today actually, it was perfect, fall in the smokies is the best thing ever.

I did have a NGD that I never mentioned! My roommate/best friend bought the tele he always wanted then fell on some hard times and had to sell it, I was doing alright at the time so I bought it to keep it in the family.

(here's a random pic I found online)

Lmtd_DLUX_SeaFoamPearl_main.jpg

She's my only humbucker guitar now that the 339 is gone (which still hurts my soul).

I've honestly just been so busy getting settled into our new place in Nashville that I only ever get on the internet to check emails and such... our new house has a MASSIVE bonus room that we set up with all of our gear, bigger than my band's old practice space and it sounds better too. It's nice to actually turn up my amp now... I just hate that our drummer moved back to Alabama.

Have you not seen my hair 2.0? No more emo... so sorry friends.

I do miss this place, I honestly just spend less time on the internet now (partly due to 40+ hours a week at work), and to be honest for the past year I haven't really been playing much guitar... I am changing that though, I just burnt myself out hard with my band. In the past month or two I've started playing again and I actually enjoy it, which is nice.

How have you guys been?

Dude - above all else, you've gotta play for yourself, you know what I mean? It's supposed to be fun. :)

Glad to hear you've been doing well and that you're starting to enjoy playing again. :cool: At the end of the day, that, and maybe also when other people enjoy it too, is really what it's all about. :)

• Members

What year?

Wait until you have to start paying for upkeep on Audi's.. It blows :facepalm: I havent driven mine in weeks because it needs a bunch of stuff i cant afford right now :mad:

The car is amazing... Took it up to the Dragon's Tail near knoxville today actually, it was perfect, fall in the smokies is the best thing ever.

I did have a NGD that I never mentioned! My roommate bought the tele he always wanted then fell on some hard times and had to sell it, I was doing alright at the time so I bought it to keep it in the family.

(here's a random pic I found online)

Lmtd_DLUX_SeaFoamPearl_main.jpg

I don't particularly like 70s era Customs or Deluxes, but that's HOT!!! :love:

Happy (belated) NGD! :cool:

• Members

and to be honest for the past year I haven't really been playing much guitar... I am changing that though, I just burnt myself out hard with my band. In the past month or two I've started playing again and I actually enjoy it, which is nice.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I'm still on an open ended break from playing.

Sold/gave away most of my pedals.

Sold my amp.

About to sell my guitar.

It just got too much. I felt that I was caving into the "gotta have the best gear" mentality and it was killing my brain and wallet.

It's been really refreshing to not have that burden anymore.

I think I'll stick to playing acoustic for a while. Get back to some basics and get a few lessons. I'm even considering picking up the drums again.

Eventually when I do get back to playing electric I'll be far more grounded about it all and will be a far better musician for it.

Archived