School me on BOSS RV Digital Reverb versions...

Johansolo

• Members

after researching through the HoF,Bluesky,Wet etc...i think i just want a boss RV...

not after spring/plate/standard reverbs (my amps cover this) but the ambient/shimmer/sigor ros type sounds...you know where you play clean and theres that ethereal background organ type floaty background sound (hows that for a description)

RV-2,3,5 (any others?) what are the diffrences/pros and cons.

they all seem to be available (on ebay) for roughly the same price so i need some guidance.

• Members

Ya rv-5 has the modulate which is good. I have an rv-5. Had a rv-3 long time ago and it was good too. Haven't played the 2 but people seem to like it; Gambit seems to like his.

I got my 5 used for like $65. Totally worth it. Sounds really good in a band mix; had a HOF and though it sounded good and in ways "better" than the 5, the 5 performed and cut through better at loud volumes/ with a band.

• Members

yea, i had the rv-5 too and rather liked it. for some reason i never really got along with the mod verb, i couldnt really ever hear much modulation in it :idk: for that price its a great deal for a solid reverb. went with m9 though for all my reverb needs that my amp doesnt cover.

• Members

I love the RV-2 but then again I like that old school digital reverb. They are a little darker, a little more natural in some aspects. Some of the newer ones tend to be a little more glassy as the reverb trails off. A bit too clinical. Real caves and echo chambers don't sound like pristine Lexicon rack units. :lol: Ymmv

• Members

I love the RV-2 but then again I like that old school digital reverb. They are a little darker, a little more natural in some aspects. Some of the newer ones tend to be a little more glassy as the reverb trails off. A bit too clinical. Real caves and echo chambers don't sound like pristine Lexicon rack units.
:lol:
Ymmv

my mileage doesn't vary. spot on.

• Members

yea, i had the rv-5 too and rather liked it. for some reason i never really got along with the mod verb,
i couldnt really ever hear much modulation in it
:idk:
for that price its a great deal for a solid reverb. went with m9 though for all my reverb needs that my amp doesnt cover.

That was why I liked it, it was real subtle and if I wanted it to pop I'd add modulated delay or phaser or something. The mod verb on the Hall of Fame is :freak:.

Archived